46. FIRST Fear

After few minutes, Manik came downstairs and made his way to the room where Nandini was there. He stood at the entrance, held the door knob while his father's words rang in his ears.

"...by the time I came back and opened the door...She...was...in pool of blood...unconscious..."

His hand which was forwarded to open the door shivered thinking the worst but stopped when his mother called him "Manu"

He turned back to see his parents while his mother spoke "She is fine...Might be sleeping...Don't worry..."

With a pool of tears in his eyes, he ran towards Nyonika and hugged her tightly.

"Thanks Mom...Thank you so much..." Manik said while hugging her and Nyonika rubbed his back and looked at Raj. She understood what made Manik say thanks to her instead of sorry for his behavior.

"Manu...Look at me...Look at me my love..." She said parting him from her and cupped his face and continued "You are my life Manu...And a mom can do anything for her child...I'm no different meri jaan..."

She wiped his tears and kissed his forehead and said "Now go...Talk to Nandu..."

He nodded slightly and went to the room, slowly opened the door to see her sitting on the bed by resting her back to the head board and knees folded up to her heart. He took slow steps towards her while observing her face which has stained tears and his finger marks.

He sat at the other end of the bed near her legs and placed his left palm on her feet to which she flinched and opened her eyes.

She tried to move her legs but he placed his other hand as well on her feet.

"Manik...Kya kar rahe ho aap...What are you doing...??" She asked being panicked seeing him touch her feet.

"Manik...Please...Don't..." She said while trying to remove his hands.

"I'm sorry..." He said looking down while she was busy trying to get his hands off from her feet.

"Please Manik...Don't do this..." She said and successfully held his hands in hers and said "You don't need to say sorry Manik...It was my fault at first..."

"Whatever it is...I shouldn't have...raised..." Manik tried speaking but failed miserably and she hugged him tightly while rubbing his back and said "You know na...aap ko pura haq hai...You have all the rights like I have on you...It happened in a heat of moment Manik...and...and...I can understand what you might have gone through after hearing the news...I saw it how you panicked just by a dream and I can completely understand your situation...It was me who was careless...I should have called you to pick me up..."

While she was explaining, he broke the hug and slammed his lips on hers, unable to talk or justify his action.

They broke the kiss after a minute and he cupped her face and said "This will never repeat...I need you in my life...happy and full of life...like you are...I can't afford to lose you and my little one..."

"I can't leave you Manik...Forget about thinking to leave...You are my home..." She said and hugged him again.

"I'm sorry..." Both said in unison and let out a chuckle amidst tears.

She placed her little palm on his cheek and he hissed making her remove her hand.

"What hap...what is this...??" She asked in shock looking at the finger marks on his cheeks on both sides which she missed to notice in their emotional talk.

He smiled sadly and rubbed his cheeks slightly and said "Dad"

Her eyes widened in shock and said "Papa...!?? Papa slapped you...!???"