37. Friends

Manik broke the hug and was about to kiss her but stopped when his stomach growled. Nandini looked at him shock and asked "Aap subah se kuch nai khaye hai na...??"

He just shrugged and said "Didn't get time...I left after you in the morning...and then was lost in your thoughts...and then dad gave me lots of work to finish...and then this shopping...Just unknowingly skipped my meal..."

She felt bad hearing that and said "I'm so sorry..."

"Don't be..." He said kissing on her temple.

"You go freshen up and come...I have prepared dinner already..." She said and he smiled and went to freshen up. She served him and he made her sit beside him since she always stands beside him while serving.

"How many times did I tell you...Sit now..." He said and arranged a plate for her as well.

"Oh I forgot this..." he said while chewing his food and gave s new sim card. She looked at him with confusion and he continued "Keep this for personal use...Just for me, mom, dad, maa and our friends...you use the old sim for office purpose..."

"But why is it needed...?? I have warned Rehan..." She tried to say but he interrupted her and said "It's not about only Rehan...You should have another personal number...Because I do realize that you can't just go warn everyone in office, to not to call you...That won't be good...So...keep this...and you can just switch off that old number whenever you are with family or having personal space..."

She nodded in approval and he just smiled, continuing with his food.

"But that doesn't mean you can be friends with that Rehan guy...Just...stay away..." He said not looking at her and she just hmm-ed in response, remembering Cabir's words.

They maintained silence for a while and finished their dinner.

"I will call Maa ji...It's too late..." She murmured checking the time and he just pulled her towards him and said "Let them enjoy na baby...I know dad must have planned everything perfectly tonight...They won't be back till morning..."

She chuckled and he scooped her in arms in a swift move and said "So shall we go ahead with our night...!?"

She blushed and hid her face in his chest while he headed towards their room, her in his arms.

Next morning, Nandini was placing her head on his chest while watching a movie in the living room. She immediately sat properly when she saw Raj and Nyonika enter.

"Good morning papa..." She said and left to kitchen without looking at them, feeling shy. Raj smiled and sat beside Manik and said "So...all sorted...??"

"Yup" He said happily and Nyonika went to their room after ruffling Manik's hairs.

Raj chuckled and asked "How much did it cost this time...??" while Manik rolled his eyes and said "A day full of starving with loads of work on head and 2 lakhs to compensate the loss that I have done..."

Raj laughed out loudly and Nandini came with coffee. Raj left to their room once done and Nandini sat beside Manik.

Just then Cabir entered but one can easily sense that he is upset, seeing his face.

"Bhai..." Nandini chirped but then she too understood that something is wrong. She looked at Manik and he blinked his eyes that he too got it. Cabir silently sat beside Manik and Nandini left to kitchen to give them some time.

"You ok...??" Manik asked slowly and Cabir just nodded and then said "I'm just tensed yaar..."

"About...??" Manik asked.