20. THE WEDDING

"What happened..?? Is everything alright??" asked Navya after Cabir left and Nandini nodded her head.

"Acha chalo...Let's get done with your touch up.." Aliya said and helped Nandini while there was a knock at the door.

Mukthi went to open the door and saw Manik standing in his wedding attire.

"Can I steal my to-be wife for a moment..??" He asked with a smile.

"Sure...She is all yours..But...Shaadi ke baadh..." Mukthi said and closed the door with a smirk.

"What the hell...!! Mukthi...Open the door...Just a minute..." Manik asked and Nandini smiled seeing this.

She went and opened the door and he was awestruck seeing her in the maroon lehenga as his bride.

"Wow.." He said seeing her and Aliya and Mukthi smiled from behind.

"Bhabhi...Please..." Nandini pleaded and they both left smiling along with Navya.

He immediately entered inside and locked the door.

"Bhabhi..!??" Abhi asked in surprise when he came across Mukthi after she came out from washroom while Navya and Aliya went to see the arrangements at mandap.

"What.??" She asked in confusion.

"Nandu calls you Bhabhi..??" He asked in surprise.

"Yes...and why do you care...??" She asked while setting her kajal in front of the mirror.

"You look so beautiful...." Manik complimented while Nandini blushed bending her head down.

He lifted her head up and placed his lips on hers for a smooth kiss and in the process, wasted her lipstick.

"Of course I do care yar....See...I'm her bhai and she calls you Bhabhi...Isn't that great..??" Abhimanyu chuckled.

"Bullshit..." Mukthi shrugged it off and was about to leave while he stopped holding her hand.

"Ab Nandu ki bhai Bhabhi ho gaye toh, let's do her kanyadhaan as wife and husband as well...!? What say..??" Abhi said mischieviously.

"Holy crap...Uskeliye toh we should ger married first and that's not gonna happen.." Mukthi declared.

"Oh...Why is that so..?? Just give me a minute....Shubh kaam me der nai karni chahiye..." He said and went away while she was confused and all of a sudden he came back with pinch of sindoor and applied it on her hairline.

"See...Simple....It's done...Mrs. Mukthi Abhimanyu Murthy..." He said with a smile.

It took a moment for her to come out of whatever happened and gifted Abhi with a tight slap while having tears in her eyes.

She touched her hairline and saw sindoor and ran out controlling her tears.

"Manik..." She called slowly knocking the door.

"See...She came again to disturb us..." Manik cribbed after breaking the kiss.

"Aisa nai hai...It's getting late...Maa wait kar rahi hogi.." Nandini reasoned while they heard a bigger knock and a sobbing voic of Mukthi calling out Manik's name.

"Something is wrong.." Manik said and opened the door.

Mukthi immediately hugged Manik and started crying while rest of his friends also came by that time to call them down. Abhi came from behind and stood silent.

"Mukthi...What happened..??" Manik asked and tried to break the hug but she didn't let it.

"Arey baba..Batao toh sahi...Kya hua..." Cabir asked and moved her aside.

Manik wiped her tears and his eyes fell on her sindoor and looked shocked.

"What happened..??? Who did this..??" He asked in a serious tone while she pointed her index finger towards Abhi making everyone shock.

"Listen..I can explain.." Abhi started and Manik fisted his hand to give a punch right across his face.

But before he could do, Nandini stood in between them.

"Please Manik..Calm down..We can talk...Please..." She pleaded.

"Nandini..Hato..." He warned but she folded her hands and shed tears "Please Manik..Not now...Please..."

Cabir held Manik and pulled him back. "Right bro..Not now...See everyone is waiting for you both at the mandap...Muhurath ka time ho gaya hai...Please chal...We ll sort this...Mukthi...Go wash your face and come fast...Don't cry...And you Mr.Abhimanyu..It's not over..." Cabir sorted thing for a while and signalled Navya to bring Nandini. Cabir took Manik with him though he was too furious to leave Abhi at that moment.

Dhruv and Aliya are with Mukthi and she freshened up and came down passing a deadly glare at Abhi.

Soon the marriage rituals started with jai mala and then pheras continued with sindoor and managalsutra.

They started taking blessings from everyone and it was time to leave her house and mom all alone.

She cried hugging her mother while everyone consoled her but Manik's mind went back to Mukthi's crying face and shot a glare and Abhi who bent his head down.

Nandini then went to Abhi and said slowly "You shouldn't have done that.."

But before he could say anything Manik held Nandini's wrist and pulled her to get going.

"That's ok beta..You can go to your mom whenever you want....We aren't going any far right.." Nyonika consoled and made them sit in the separate car.

"I'll drive.." Manik said sternly and Raj signalled the driver to come out.

"Come soon.." Raj said and they started their drive.

"Stopped crying..??" Manik asked while driving and she "Hmm"ed in response.

"You shouldn't have come in between.." Manik said while looking at the road.

"Ji..??? Samjhi nai.." She said in confusion.

"It's the first and last time Nandu...You should never come in between when I'm dealing with some idiotic stuff...Get that..??" He spat out in frustration and she flinched and nodded.

"Words" He commanded while she said "Ye..yes.."

Soon they reached Malhotra Mansion and Nyonika did their gruhapravesh.

When she put ring in the big bowl of milk saying "Whoever wins, they will be the one ruling in this realtion"

"Arey aunty then iss game ki toh zaroorat hi nai...Because we all know how Manik is...Don't we..??" Cabir said and hi-fied each other.

"Par still..khelna toh padega.." Nyonika said with a smile and dropped the ring.

As expected Manik was the one who found the ring and Cabir gave "I-ALREADY-TOLD-YOU" look at everyone.

"Acha chalo...Mukthi and Aliya..Take Nandu to her room.." She said and they both took her to Manik's room.

"Bro....Please...don't scare her...She is innocent..ok?? Thoda pyaar se...ok??" Cabir said for the nth time while climbing the steps.

"Cabir...Stop nagging behind...I know...I know how to deal with her..." He said and just then Aliya and Mukthi came out after dropping Nandini in her room.

"You ok..??" Manik asked while holding Mukthi's hand and she nodded with an assuring smile.

"We will not leave this...I promise..." He said and she nodded again saying "I know.."

"Ab...Mein...jau..??" He asked looking at his friends.

Cabir and Dhruv tapped his back while girls gave a friendly hug and gave him way to his room where Nandini is waiting nervously.

Ignore mistakes.

See you soon.