1. First Day

Manik and Nandini moved out of the room to join others where everyone are waiting for their answer.

"Mom, Dad..Aunty...Nandini wants this marriage after her graduation and even I too think the same..." He answered in a polite manner but Nandini's mother's face turned a little sad thinking that THE BEST RISHTA to her daughter is slipping from her hands.

"Don't worry Aunty...Even I want to complete MBA before taking over our business...So we thought of getting engaged for now and will get married after our studies...If that's not a problem for both the families...I know Mom, Dad won't be having any problem with this...Kyun Mom..??" He asked looking at his mother, Nyonika Malhotra.

"Haa Beta...We are always fine with your decision..." Nyonika said.

He smiled and looked at Nandini's mother, Shobana Murthy, who was in her own thoughts whether this can really happen..?? Anything can happen in this 3 years...Manik may find another girl...Or may lose interest in Nandini...And what if they get advanced and aur kuch...

When she was in her own train of thoughts, Manik went and bent near her saying "Aunty...Trust me...This will work out..."

She smiled a little and looked at Nandini who was standing silently.

"Take me as your son...I won't break your trust...I'll take care of Nandini...And that's a promise..." He said and Shobana's heart filled with happiness seeing his love towards her daughter. But she exactly don't know what type of love he is showing towards Nandini.

She blessed him and the Malhotra's left after fixing an engagement date which is after a week.

Nandini laid down on her bed when her mother came and sat with her. She immediately moved her head to her mother's lap. Shobana smiled and started rubbing her hairs.

"After your dad, the only tension I used to have is your marriage...But seeing Manik and his love, the way he approached for marriage, I'm feeling relieved...Iss se acha rishta toh mein kabhi nahi laa paungi..." She said and the tears from her eyes landed on Nandini's cheek.

She immediately got up and wiped her mother's tears and said "Ma...Plz don't cry...Ab kya hua hai..??"

"Kuch nahi beta...bas khushi ki aansu hai...If your father is present now, he would have been the happiest soul on earth..." She answered wiping her tears.

"Par...Papa honge toh, he would have never get me married so early..." Nandini replied.

"Haan...Wo bhi sach hai...And that's why I too agreed when you asked time to complete your studies...Shukar hai ki Manik bhi maan gaya..." Shobana said in a happy tone.

"You take rest beta...I'll just come..." She said and left.

"What's happening in my life...?? Why did I join this college...?? Out of all the girls, why did he love me...?? Why me...??" She questioned and her thoughts rolled back to the first day of her college. The day which changed her life.

One year earlier...

Two girls and two boys were waiting for someone in the parking sitting on their bikes.

"Yaar..where is this Manik...??" Dhruv said in an annoyed tone.

"I'm sure...He might have just woken up...Aliya, try calling Aunty..." Cabir said.

Aliya called Nyonika and said the same what Cabir said.

After 30 mins, they saw Manik getting out from his newly bought sports car.

"Kaha thei Manik...There was no fun without you..." Mukthi sang as usual.

Manik smirked and said "Cabir...Let's start the fun...Juniors aane wale hai na..."