49. FIRST Emotions

Amidst all the chaos, birthday balloons and decorations, the tiny human was in sound sleep on his dad's broad chest when Nandini entered their room.

She shook her head in disbelief seeing the duo and rested her back on the bed after a tiring and exhausting day. Her only son's FIRST BIRTHDAY.

While everyone was busy receiving the guests, the dad and son duo were happily playing around. When Ayaan and Naina, Nandini's office friends, came to see Aarush, he hid behind Manik's leg making them chuckle.

"Hello cutiepie" Naina chirped bending to his height making him hide more.

Manik held his hand and pulled him to his front and knelt to his level to say "Dadda has got your back...Darthe nai bachcha...Be brave to face anything...Say Hi to them..."

Though the one-year-old didn't understand what Manik said, he understood the emotion and turned towards them to wave a 'Hi' with his little hands which made everyone smile.

Manik for the very first time felt proud standing at someone's back.

Nandini looked at her boys who were cuddling in sleep and captured them in her mobile and smiled to herself before dozing off.

Few days later,

Manik was feeding Aarush with his fruit paste while Nandini was preparing breakfast for everyone. Nyonika and Shobhana were sipping their morning tea at the dining table. She brought him his breakfast and was about to serve Manik when she heard Manik say "Aaaa karo Meri jaan"

She looked at him in surprise when he addressed Aarush and mumbled "Last night I was his jaan..."

Manik chuckled on hearing that and said "Now don't start your competition with your own son..."

Nandini rolled her eyes and Manik wiped Aarush's lips and made him sit on his crib and got ready to have his breakfast.

Shobhana chuckled and said "Then Nandu beta...Plan for second baby...Then Aarush will have a companion and Manik will be all yours..."

Manik went stiff on hearing that but ate without showing any emotions on his face while Nandini smiled and replied "Umm Not now Maa...Aarush has just turned one...Will plan later...Kyun Manik...??"

Manik faked a smile while gulping his food and left without answering making Nandini frown. She left the topic while playing with Aarush.

6 months later,

Manik was getting ready to office and Aarush was playing with his new crayons on the scrap book and Nandini was sitting beside him.

"Aaru beta...Give it to Mumma..." Nandini asked the crayon from Aarush's hand and he kept his hand behind his back and nodded in a no with a pout making Manik smile.

"Please beta...Give it to me...Mumma will give you chocolate..." She said and Manik interrupted "Nandini...I have told you many times...Don't teach this give and take theory to Aarush..."

"Manik...I was just..." She tried to say something but Manik stopped her and said "Whatever it is Nandu...He shouldn't do anything expecting something in return...Never ever bribe him that way...Please..."

Nandini nodded and Manik looked at Aarush and said "Champ when Mumma asks you something, you should give it...Okay...?? Now give it to mumma..."

Aarush nodded with a smile and forwarded his hand towards Nandini and she smiled taking the crayons from him.

"Now give a kissie to mumma and dadda..." Manik said and Aarush went to kiss his mother and then to his father.

Manik ruffled his hairs and kissed him on his chubby cheeks and left to office.