41. FIRST Happiness

Manik's eyes brimmed with happy tears and he gulped the lump that formed in his throat before he switched on to video call. Nandini smiled seeing the video call notification after his silence and showed her bright face to which he smiled with tears.

None exchanged words but kept staring at each other for few seconds and even the silence conveyed their feelings at that time. He took a deep breath and said "I'm coming..."

"Manik" She called out before he ended the call and he looked back at the screen.

"Drive safe..." She said and he nodded with a slight smile. He cut the call and took his time to gather himself from the information he received all of a sudden. He then drove to his place while Nandini was planning to surprise family members at least as she couldn't surprise her husband with the happiest news.

Manik arrived home in sometime and rushed to their room but Nandini was nowhere in the room. He turned around when she came out after freshening up and both looked at each other with a bright heart-warming smile. She moved towards him slowly and he too advanced and hugged her tightly pouring all the emotions he was holding on from an hour.

"When did you get to know...?? You toh didn't even miss your periods last month...and this month it's due...but..." He blabbered after breaking the hug.

"Manik Manik...Relax..." She stopped his calculation in between and handed over his towel and said "Freshen up and come...I will tell everything..."

"But..." He tried to say but she interrupted and said "Please Manik...Jayiye na...I'm hungry...I'll set dinner in the mean time..."

He gave up and went to freshen up while she arranged their dinner in their room itself.

He came out and saw her arranging plates and went to hug her.

"No one at home...So thought that we can have dinner in our room itself..." She said and came out of his embrace. He sat on the couch and pulled her over his lap, made her sit properly and forwarded the spoon to her and she ate with a smile.

"Ab batao..." he asked while munching his food and feeding her at the same time.

She explained everything, right from his dreams that indicated something and the breakfast thing in the morning while he just sat shocked.

"I ignored everything Manik...But when I saw what I was about to have in the morning and connected with your dream, I got some instinct...So I had a test and it was positive..." She said and he asked "You didn't have a proper check up....???"

"I had one Manik...I immediately went to Bindu aunty and got the tests done..." She replied.

"You could have called me then atleast...I would have accompanied you..." he said while feeding the last bite.

"I wanted to be sure before I break the news to you...That's why..." She said and he smiled pecking her lips to which she blushed.

"But your periods..." He asked and she said "I'm just 3 weeks pregnant..."

"Ohh..." He said and took the plates, asked her to stay in the room and went to kitchen to keep the plates.

Once he returned to their room, she hugged him tightly and said "I thought to surprise you but then I couldn't hold back till you return home...But I want to make this day memorable for us Manik..."

He cupped her face and said "It's already a memorable one Jaan..."

"I want you to make love to me...Like no other day...To make this day even more memorable..." She said making him shock.

"But...Honey...You are pregnant...and...it may not be safe..." He reasoned.

The word 'pregnant' gave different feel to both of them and she came out of his embrace and said "I have checked with Bindu aunty and she said it's not a problem until few months..."