27. FIRST Apology

Nandini and Nyonika went to meet Shobhana and knocked the door.
She was surprised to see them but invited them inside.

Nandini hugged her immediately and asked "How are you feeling now Maa..??"

She broke the hug and made her sit saying "Almost fine beta...I'll be better by tomorrow."

She looked and Nyonika's worried face and understood that something is wrong.

"Nandu beta...I found some of your old text books in your room. Go and check if those are needed and keep unwanted books aside.."

Nandini nodded and went to her room.
"Nyonika ji...chai coffee kuch??" Shobhana asked slowly and she nodded in a no and held Shobhana's hand.

"What's the matter Nyonika ji??" She asked.
She explained what all happened back there and Shobhana held her head.

"Yeh ladki bhi na.....Nyonika ji..I'm so sorry...I'll talk to her...Give me sometime...I'm really sorry for her behaviour.." she said folding her hands.

"Arey shobhana ji...kaisi batein kar rahe hai aap..??? Why are you saying sorry...?? Bachi hai wo...she just wants to be with you and she loves you more than anyone...That's completely fine...Aap baat karo uss se...and...one more thing.." Nyonika stopped in the middle.

"Ji..boliye na.."

"You come with us...you can stay with us...Yeh baat Manik ne bhi kaha tha...I'm not telling this because Nandu wants stay with you but seriously...why you have to stay here all alone when you have us...Please..manaa math kijiye...come with us.." Nyonika asked honestly and Shobhana smiled a little.

"I just thought to explain Nandu...But you also have to listen my opinion Nyonika ji.." she said and called Nandini.

After Nandini joined them, Shobhana started "Nandu beta...Nyonika ji told me everything...Seriously I didn't expect this from you and I'm disappointed with you.."

"Par Maa.." she tried to reason.

"Baat khatam nai hui hai meri...listen to me very carefullly Nandu...That's your home..forever...You cannot just come and stay here just like that...I'm happy that I'm your first priority but I'm sad at the same time for that...I know you are disturbed seeing me alone here..but beta...try to understand...This is my home...your dad and I made this...and I have lot of memories here..at each and every step...at each and every breath...How can I be alone when I have him here around me all the time...!!Coming to the point of being sick and taking care, I can take care of myself and you or Manik or anyone is just a call away..right.?? So why to worry bacha...And I won't think twice to call you or Manik if it's needed..Promise...Won't you or your mother in law arrange a maid if I ask for..?? Kyun Nyonika ji..??" She smiled and asked.

"Of course Shobhana ji..Jo bhi aap chahe.." Nyonika assured.

"See...anything can be arranged if I ask for...so why are you worrying so much..??? And rahi baat waha aane ki,, as I already said I wanna spend my life here...and in the worst case, I feel to come, I definitely will...Your offer should be open Nyonika ji.." She chuckled and said.

"Definitely...whenever you want to come, you can..That's also your house only...and we are all there for you.." Nyonika assured with a pure heart.

"Dekha beta...ab bas...you should never say that again...samjhi..??" She asked rubbing Nandini's hairs.

Nandini nodded her head with tears.
"Shobhana ji..let her stay here with you tonight...Manik will pick her tomorrow.." Nyonika said and stood to leave.

"Bye bacha...come soon and don't worry everything will be fine.." Nyonika said kissing her forehead and left bidding bye to Shobhana.

"Mom...where is Nandini.??" Asked a desparate Manik once he saw Nyonika at the door.

She sighed seeing him and said "She will come tomorrow...Don't worry...Everything will be fine.."
She ruffled his hairs and went to prepare lunch while he sat there thinking.

"Nandu beta...you have to understand now...yeh ek din ki baat nai hai...it's a part of life..and you have to accept the it is..." Shobhana convinced her daughter and Nandini was relieved with the conversation she had with her mother.

Manik was waiting for her call and then Shobhana called him for dinner. He informed Nyonika and left to her place.
Manik and Nandini exchanged looks but none spoke a word till they finished dinner.

"Manik beta...Aaj raat ke liye ruk jao dhonon...you can go tomorrow.." Shobhana said and he immediately agreed.

After giving medicines to her mother, Nandini joined Manik in her room, where he was waiting for her.
There was a pin drop silence for few minutes before Nandini initiated the conversation.

"I'm sorry Manik"
He held her hands and made her sit beside him.

"Nandu...I know I behave agressively without thinking twice...I know I did many mistakes...I have indirectly forced you into this marriage..I didn't trust you for a while...I didn't give any chance to be mentally prepared for this married life...Neither I tried to express my feelings nor I tried to know what you are feeling...I know I have anger issues and you are the only one who can bear with me...tolerate me...Today, I promise...I'll definitely work on my anger issue...and may be for the first time I'm telling this...umm..I'M SORRY...I'm really really sorry Nandu..." He said bending his head down while she had tears in her eyes.
She cupped his face and placed a forehead kiss lingering her lips for more time while he closed his eyes in response, dropping a tear from his left eye.

He hugged her tightly and she hugged him back in response with a smile.