47. FIRST Pain

Manik and Nandini sat in each others' embrace trying to cope up with the situations and to control their increased pressure since morning.

"I will pack the necessary things..." Manik said after sometime and she sat on the couch while he moved to take the bags and packed most of her dresses and his office wear.

She kept looking at him with a smile while he moved around the room collecting their stuff to pack.

He then called the maids to shift the bags downstairs and he held Nandini's hand while descending the stairs. She looked around the new room and understanding her feelings, Manik wrapped his hands around her small baby bump of 5 months and said "Just for few months...We will go back to our room...and meanwhile we will make new memories in this room as well..."

She smiled as he turned her face towards him and smooched her lips.

"Godd...Close the damn door..." Nyonika shrieked looking at them kissing and turned around.

They parted from each other with a smile and Manik swiftly moved out of the room before Nyonika could taunt.

"You two..." She tapped her forehead and extended the tray of dry fruits and juice to Nandini and sat with her until she finished everything.

Few weeks passed with the usual routine of Manik's office and Nyonika taking care of Nandini and spending time with her.

A week before, they went to shop for Nandini's maternity wear as she enters into 6th month.

Once she stepped into 6th month, she started puking frequently whenever she smelled something.

Manik felt it weird as she was normal in the initial months.

"Manik...It happens...Don't worry..." Nyonika said to convince him but he was not ready to take the answer and so he took the appointment a week earlier than it is supposed to be.

After all the check ups and scanning, Dr. Bindu assured him that it's quite normal and baby's organ functioning is quite well.

One usual day,

"Maa ji..." Nandini called out after making sure Manik has left for office.

"Bol beta..." She asked cutting fruits for Nandini.

"I will be entering into 7th month in next 2 weeks...And Manik will never agree to send me to Maa's place..." Nandini said sadly.

"I'll try talking to him beta...Don't worry..." Nyonika said though she knew the output.

In the evening, Manik returned from office and was welcomed by his pregnant wife walking with her hand on the bump and gave him water.

He smiled to the fullest and forgot all the tensions that he has kept on his head till then.

He got freshen up and when they settled to have dinner, he found Nandini not eating but playing with the spoon.

He held her hand softly and asked "What happened...?? You want anything else...??"

She nodded in a no with a small smile and started eating but he clearly understood that something was bothering her.

Nyonika looked at both of them and said "Manu...She wants to have some idiyappam and kadala curry...Some kerala dishes it seems..."

Manik looked at Nyonika and then at Nandini who was just staring at the plate pursing her lips.

"Ohh...Itni si baat...You could have ordered or asked someone to make na..." He said to no one in particular but looked at Nyonika.