23. FIRST Commitment

"Nandu" Mukthi called when she was about to join others.

"Haan Bhabhi"

"I want to talk to Manik...?" She asked and Nandini looked surprised.

"Bhabhi....You can talk to him anywhere anytime....Why are you hesitating..??" Nandini asked.

"No....Ab time nahi hai...we need to start to your house right...and this discussion needs some time...If possible we need to talk before he sees Abhi and react again...Please..." Mukthi convinced.

"Ok Bhabhi...Relax...Mein kuch karthi hu..." She assured and left when Manik called.

Manik and Nandini were on the way to her mother's place while she gathered courage to ask something.

"Manik" She cleared her throat and called him.

"Hmm" He said while concentrating on the traffic.

"Can I ask you something..??" She asked fidgeting with her fingers.

"Ha pucho na.." He said while changing the gear to move.

"Aap manaa nai karoge na...??" She asked hesitatingly and he took a glance at her and smiled a little.

"Depends..." He said calmly and she prayed for a moment and asked "Can...Can I...Can I go to college..??"

He sighed showing that he was expecting the question from her.

"Nandu...Can we talk about this after going back to our home...?? I need to clear up something..." He said and parked the car and she nodded to which he shot a glare and she immediately said "Yeah..sure.." and gave a nervous smile to which he reciprocated and both entered the house.

"Arey...aa gaye aap log..." Shobana smiled broadly seeing both of them and they bent to take blessings.

"Manik..sab log kaha hai..??" She asked.

"Wo...They are on the way Maa.." He replied.

"I'll get some water for you" Nandini said and he smiled and sat on the couch.

In the kitchen,

"Nandu beta...sab thik hai na..?? All ok right..?? tum khush toh ho na..??" Sobhana asked when they were all alone.

"Haa maa....All good.." Nandini said with a smile and Shobana felt happy.

Nandini went to give water and purposely slipped on Manik making him all wet.

"I'm sorry...Chaliye...I'll dry this for you.." She said instantly.

"Arey...yeh kya hua..?? Nandu...You should be careful na beta..." Shobhana scolded.

"umm it's ok Maa...I'll dry it up...Time hai na..??" He asked.

"Haan beta...Pandit ji hasn't come yet...and Nyonika ji bhi...Tum jaao...Nandu go help him.." She replied and both went to her room.

He removed his shirt and gave it to her which she dried under the fan.

"Hmm....You wanted to talk..??" Manik asked making her shock.

"What..?? Aise kya dekh rahi ho..?? Look...Itna toh jaantha hu tumhe....I know you did this purposely...Now spill it out....Baath kya hai..??" He asked and she widened her eyes.

"Bolo Nandu...What's the matter..??" He asked again and she silently said "Wo...It's...it's not me...Wo...Mukthi Bhabhi...wants to talk to you..."

She took the iron box and ironed the shirt to make it dry fully.

"What..?? Mukthi..?? She asked you that she wants to talk to me...?? Unbelievable...When did my friends drifted this much apart..??" He sat on the bed thinking.