26. FIRST Fight

A few days later, one evening after college.

"Manik" Nandini called while they started from college.

"Ha Nandu"

"Shall we go to Maa once..?? Kal se baath bhi nai hui unse..." Nandini told.

"Ok..." He said turned to Nandini's house. She rang the bell and Shobhana opened the door and Nandini was shocked to see her mother weak.

"What happened Maa..??" She asked and Manik entered after parking the car.

"Maa...kya hua..??" Manik asked making her sit on the couch.

"Aree kuch nai beta...Just a little fever.." She said while rubbing her nose with a handkerchief.

"You went to doctor.??" He asked while Nandini went to prepare some masala tea as her mom likes it when she has throat problem and cold.

"Haan beta...Season change na...So common fever hai...Thik ho jayegi in 2 days.."She said.

"Blood test..??" He asked and took the reports to check.

"Haan...They did as there are viral fevers all around..But it's nothing beta....Doctor checked.." She said with a weak smile.

"Maa...Low BP hai aapko..." Manik said after seeing the reports.

"Are haan beta...thoda BP low hai...But that's fine...He prescribed some tablets and diet.." She said.

Nandini wiped her tears seeing her mom all weak and alone. She poured tea in a cup and gave to her.

"Manik..Aap ke liye coffee lau..??" Nandini asked.

"Ah No nandu..That's ok...You sit with Maa.. I will just make a call and come.." He said and went out.

"Maa....Why didn't you tell me..??" She said while placing her head Shobhana's lap.

"Nandu beta...It's just normal fever...Nothing to worry..." She said and caressed her hairs.

"Maa...Mein yehi rahungi apke pass..." She said and wiped her tears.

"Chup....Aise nai bolthe bacha....What has happened to me....See I'm all good and I'll be very fine in 2 days and I'll go to office..." She said.

"But Maa..." nandini tried to tell something.

"Nandu.....Never ever tell that you will stay with me...Never.." Shobhana said in a strict tone.

Manik came back after his call and said "Nandu...if you want, you can stay here tonight..."

"Nai beta...no need for that...Nandu tum jao.." Shobhana answered before Nandini and signalled her not to talk but leave.

"Maa...That's ok...Let her stay till you be fine...Then I'll take her.." Manik insisted but Shobhana refused.

After sometime, Nandini prepared dinner and they three had there itself.

She gave tablets to her mom and asked again "Maa please na...ruk jaathi hu..."

"I said no...Jao tum.." Shobhana refused again and bid bye to them saying "I will definitely call you, if needed."

'If she stays for few days with me, it will be very tough for her to go back...Better I refuse her in the beginning itself...We will think of it when I need her support in future..' Shobhana thought in her mind.

In the car, Nandini was lost in her thoughts.

"Nandu....Don't think much baby....We will go tomorrow...Haven't Maa refused, you could have stayed back..." Manik tried to initiate conversation.