4. FIRST Semester

Three months later...

It's time of first semester for Nandini. Manik's unknown feelings towards her kept on growing day by day. As said, Nandini spent time in the evening and got habituated with that routine. While Manik was unable to understand and not ready to name the feelings, Cabir was the one who understood everything in his heart without the need of saying it out.

Navya too observed Manik sometimes and one day she decided to talk to Nandini.

One day after their first semester exams,

"Nandu..yaar...Don't you think Manik behaves differently with you...??" She asked.

"Differently...!! Mathlab..??" Nandini asked being confused.

"I mean...I donno...But I think he has some feelings for you..." Navya said making Nandini shock.

"Navya...What are you talking..?? aisa kuch nahi hai...He is our senior..That too from rich family..why would he feel something for a middle class girl like me...No..nothing like that..." Nandini reasoned.

"Nandu...I know that you also might have found something weird in these four months..atleast once...I just wanna say just be careful...." Navya said making Nandini think.

One fine day, when Nandini entered and went to her place, she saw a greeting card kept in her desk with a rose inside it. She looked around and opened the card which said "I LOVE YOU Nandini..."

Her blood pressure increased, not knowing what to do and how to react but read it further.

"The way you look with your big doe eyes....The way you speak with your pretty lips...and The way your cheeks puff when you get angry made me fall in love with you every moment...Will you be in my rest of the life...??? Will be waiting for your answer....-Aryaman Khurana"

Like every girl, she read it twice and her cheeks went red. She couldn't sit there, feeling his presence and his gaze on her. So, she walked out of the class holding the card, taking long steps.

She was murmuring her prayer, as usual to give her strength and got collided with someone. She then looked up to see Manik standing with a 'ARE-YOU-BLIND' expression.

She was shocked seeing him and as usual got scared. She hid the greeting card at her back immediately. He looked at her clearly and understood that she was blushing a moment before.

"What are you doing here..??"He asked.

"Oh no...what this monster is doing here...??? Oh my god...What is he sees the greeting card.. and Navya already warned to be careful..." She was in her thoughts when Manik snapped his fingers.

She came back to reality and looked at him in fear.

"Hello....What are you doing here..?? and where are you lost....?? Don't you have class now..??" He quizzed.

Unable to answer, she ran back to her class immediately.

"What the hell...??? She ignored me...Me...Manik ko...Dammit....And why the hell she was blushing..." Manik thought gritting his teeth and called Cabir to be there in a minute.

"What happened Manik..??" He asked seeing Manik irritated.

"Cabir...Patha kar aaj uske class mein kya hua....She was blushing dammit...and..do you know...she ignored me...Manik ko ignore kiya usne...She didn't answer me Cabir.." Manik said in a restless tone.

"Relax dude...I'll be back..." Cabir said and moved towards her class.

By the time Nandini reached her place, she saw a dairy milk with a rose again on her desk. She smiled a little but suppressed as she don't want to encourage it. She just moved the chocolate and sat, and just concentrated on her book.