Chapter 48 (18+)

"Wow! It's beautiful!" I said beaming as Finn showed me where we were having dinner. It was a beautiful little Italian place which had outdoor seating right next to a river packed sparsely with boats as they headed down the stream.

"You like it then?" Finn questioned and I squeezed his hand and went on my tip toes to give him a kiss to show him that I did, in fact, like it.

A waitress showed us to our table which was in the outside seating area and luckily the weather was perfect today. We had a little two-seater table to ourselves in the corner of the deck but our chairs were sat opposite each other and Finn, wanting to be closer, repositioned our chairs so that we were sitting slightly more sideways next to each other than opposite. Hopefully the waitress wouldn't say anything about it. We were given a menu and ordered our food: I went for a Lasagne and Finn went for a Risotto but we ended up sharing our food between us. We also got a couple glasses of white wine, as I hated red. We didn't get drunk as easily as humans did but I hadn't drunk in a long time so I ended up having half a bottle in the end and was a little past tipsy by the end of our meal.

"Can we get dessert?" I asked looking up at my man.

"You can but my dessert is going to be you," he replied which made me giggle and giggle and giggle which was probably mostly due to the wine.

"You're so naughty!" I replied a little too loud which made Finn chuckle as he tried to shush me.

"I can't wait to show you how naughty I can be when we get to our hotel room," Finn replied in my ear. "Oh shit! The hotel was meant to be a surprise."

"It's okay," I said with another giggle. "I already know."

"How?!"

"You left the tab open on your laptop!" I giggled again.

"Dammit, I'm so stupid," Finn said with a frown.

"Hey..." I said pouting. "No you're not.You're amazing. The most amazing person I know!" And with that I gave him a kiss on the cheek and pulled him in for a hug.

"Thanks, love," he said embracing me even tighter. "Do you still want dessert?"

"Yeah, but only if you get one too!"

"How about we share one then?" he asked to which I nodded my head furiously.

He got us both an ice cream sundae to share and we fed each other small mouthfuls taking turns until the whole thing was gone. In fact, we had finished all of our food and I was really proud of Finnie for doing so.

When we were done with everything, we ordered a couple more bottles of wine that we decided to take with us back to our hotel room. Finn would drink some with me when we got to our destination but hadn't had more than a glass so far as he needed to drive. When we got to our hotel, I noticed it was this huge, tall building that went up extremely high. Someone took our car to park it in the building's private car park, but I took a couple bags of stuff that I wanted with me and left the rest in the car before they drove off. When we got inside, and Finn asked for our room key, I realised we were in one of the rooms at the very top of the building.

When we got to our room, I went straight to the windows to look at the view and it was beautiful. It was night by now and the city lights shone brightly against the expanse of cloudy dark sky flowing over the top of the buildings like a sea of mist watching over the little fishes that drove around in tiny metal boxes with wheels. Finn came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist as he rested his head on my shoulder, and through the reflection of the floor to ceiling glass, I could see that he was smiling.

"Can we come out to the city more often?" I asked softly.

"I guess pack life must be pretty boring for a lone wolf huh?" he replied.