n i n e t e e n

n i n e t e e n.

"Did you really push her? Are you crazy?" Tyler shouts.

"No! I didn't push her, why would I do that?"

"I don't know. Why would she lie about something like this?" he snaps and I feel a sudden ache in my chest with his words. He's never talked like this to me before.

"Hey," Harry shouts. "If she says she didn't do it then she didn't fucking do it."

"Listen, let's just call an ambulance." Bailey decides. "Is she okay?"

"I think her leg is broken." Tyler answers. "Call 911."

I'm the one who takes out my cell and immediately calls an ambulance. Sarah is now crying lightly and I feel a small ounce of guilt with her cries though I don't know why. I know I didn't push her.

Once the ambulance came, they took Sarah away and Tyler left with her, not even so much as glancing at me when he did. Not even a goodbye.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Bailey asks once we're all back inside the apartment. Anger is clear in her voice.

"I didn't push her."

"So she just threw herself down the stairs?"

"Bailey," Daniel tries placing a hand on her shoulder in attempt to calm her down.

"I don't know! One minute, we were talking just fine then I looked away for one second and she fell." I rush to explain.

"Bailey, lay off. The good thing is she wasn't seriously injured." Harry tries talking.

She sighs. "She could have twisted her neck, Lana."

"Why don't you believe me?" It does hurt. Me and Bailey have been friends for two years now and it hurts that she would doubt me in this situation. She's defending Sarah, a girl she hardly knows, instead of defending me. I have been there for her each and every time needed, I have bought her buckets of ice cream every time she went through a bad break up.

Now, she looks at me as if she doesn't even know who I am anymore.

"It's not that I don't believe you Lana, but with everything that's been going on..." she shakes her head. "I'm sorry. I just don't see how she could have possibly fell down the stairs any other way."

"You are unbelievable." I begin to walk away.

"Unbelievable?"

"Yes!" I whip around to face her. "This girl shows up at our apartment, accuses me of pushing her down the stairs and you believe her word over mine."

"I'm sorry Lana-"

Just as the words leave her mouth, the entire apartment gets engulfed into darkness. Harry's hand immediately finds mine and he pulls me to his side protectively. I can't see a single thing.

"Great, now the power goes out." Bailey yells. Then there's a loud crash somewhere in the room.

"Bailey?"

"I'm fine. I just stubbed my toe really hard." I hear her sigh. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have doubted you."

"It's all right."

"Love you babe." I can hear the smile in her voice and relief seems to course through me. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's me and Bailey fighting.

But I'd be lying if I said I'm completely over the fact she was ready to take another girl's side over mine.

"I'm going to my room. It's been a long night." I say and interwine both me and Harry's hands as we make our way to my bedroom.