s i x

s i x.

I hardly slept after the nightmare woke me up. I was too scared to fall back asleep; afraid I might fall back into another night terror.

I roll over and I almost forgot Harry was here. His gelled up curls have fallen flat over his face and his mouth is wide open; loud snores filling the room...and he's shirtless. Why is he shirtless? I didn't get that drunk.

Harry's eyes flutter open and it's amazing how he can look so different in the morning. Calm. Peaceful. Normal.

Oh my God. I let Harry stay the night. Why did I do that?

I sit up abruptly and instantly regret it as my head pounds in disapproval from the two beers I had yesterday.

"Morning," he yawns.

"Hey, uh-" I hold my head in pain. "I'm sorry for last night."

"Stop apologizing."

I shake my head and look anywhere, but him. "Please put on your shirt."

"Why? Do I make you uncomfortable this way?" I hear humor in his voice.

"Honestly, ye-"

"Lana!" Bailey shouts. "Tyler is here!"

My heart drops to my stomach. I forgot Tyler was supposed to come see me this morning. I immediately jump up and sprint to the door, locking the top lock.

"Lana?" I hear Tyler's voice as he knocks lightly. "Open the door. I picked up some breakfast for you."

I look to Harry who is still lying on the floor with the most relaxed, non-chalant look as if he nor me have any reason to be anxious right now.

"Just one second. I'm- I'm naked." I panic.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before." He chuckles and I watch as Harry's expression changes to anger. His face turns red and his jaw clenches.

He gets onto his feet and steps in front of me. "Move."

"Harry, it's-"

"Move. I regret ever fucking meeting you." he says and it burns a hole in my chest. There's nothing I can do at this point other than move over, allowing him through.

Tyler widens his eyes when he sees Harry walk out of my room, shirtless. They share a look until Harry walks out of the apartment, not even bothering to say goodbye.

Not even giving me the chance to process what just happened.

"Why did he just walk out of your room half-naked?"

I walk past Tyler and into the kitchen. "He stood the night." I answer him.

"Oh God. Did you- Did you cheat on me, Lana?"

"No. I wouldn't ever do such a thing. You know that."

"Then what was he doing half naked in your bedroom?"

I pour myself a cup of coffee, not bothering to put any cream or sugar in it. "It's too early in the morning for this, Ty. I told you he stood the night. Nothing happened. End of story."

Bailey stands up from the couch and walks into her bedroom, giving us privacy.

"He's your ex-boyfriend, isn't he?"

"Yes... but that was long ago when we were both teenagers." I shrug. "We were both impulsive and naive."

"He still has feelings for you. I can tell."