t w e n t y e i g h t

Bailey came home the next morning. I didn't see her or care to say hello because I just was not ready to talk to her after she had been so horrible to me. The only way I knew she was home at all was the country music playing from the kitchen.

Harry leaves in two days. How so much has happened in the past nine... I don't even know.

I watch him, sleeping beside me. His chest rises then falls with each breath he takes and I want nothing more than to just go back to sleep with him, but I have class and I am not looking forward to getting out of bed and facing Bailey.

All night, I stared at the ceiling, depriving myself the simple pleasure of sleep. The conversation I had with Tyler kept replaying itself through my mind and I kept asking myself all these questions like is he really mentally unstable? Did he do all of this just because of pure jealousy or spite?

Which one is it?

Planting a small kiss to Harry's cheek, I stand and wrap the white linen sheet around me; bringing it with me as I shuffle quickly into the bathroom.

So far, no encounter with Bailey.

Once I'm done, I rush back into my bedroom with a towel wrapped around me this time. Harry is still sleeping and I make no effort to wake him. I'm sure he's just as tired as I am.

So even after I am dressed, I leave and close the door behind me. For a second, I stay there and compose myself before I walk into the kitchen. She's pouring coffee into two traveling mugs when I first see her and she stops and sighs.

"Good morning."

I ignore her and take one of the traveling mugs. Turning away, I start to reach for my book bag when she stops me.

"Lana, we should talk."

"We have class in half an hour. I'm sure it can wait."

"It really cannot."

"Just...stop." I finally look at her and she looks hurt, destroyed too. "I don't want to hear any half hearted apologies from you-"

"Half hearted apolgies? You must not really know how disgusted I am with myself-"

"As you should be." I snap, my lack of sleep making me a lot snappier. "You have been an awful friend at a time where I need you the most so don't fucking stand there and tell me what you think I want to hear because that is not how this works."

She sets her lips into a tight frown and looks away. "Please just forgive me, I'm so sorry."

"I have to go." I pick up my bag and stuff my supplies inside.

"I'll ride with you there." She says and without wanting to fight anymore, I don't answer. Once we both have our coats on, we leave.

The walk to the subway station is silent and I send a quick text to Harry telling him to meet me when he wakes up.

"I'll be at the apartment tonight." Bailey says once we get off at our stop. But I don't bother replying as we part ways.

******

I see Harry's car as soon as I exit the school building. Immediately, his smile makes me smile and I rush over to him, relief coursing through me because I have spent the last hour listening to a professor blabber on and on.

"You didn't wake me up this morning." he says as soon as I am close enough to hear over the city's roaring.

"You looked so tired, I wanted to let you sleep."