s i x t e e n

s i x t e e n.

Picture of Redd on sidebar.

I was unable to swallow. I was unable to breathe, move or react. Harry walks into the bedroom that same second with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. He gestures to his phone glued to my ear almost like saying; who is that?

"Is... Is...?" I couldn't finish the question.

"Yeah," Redd answers. She knew what I was going to ask before I asked it. "Harry is the father."

With that, I get onto my feet and walk right past Harry, handing him the phone as I do. I feel nauseated. I feel like I am going to be sick.

I make it to the bathroom. As soon as I do, I drop to my knees in front of the toilet and puke.

"What?" I hear Harry yell. "That's impossible. We used protection, we-"

I puke more.

"That was one time. One time is enough for you to...? Fuck!" he yells. "Redd, I just got her back."

Bailey barges into the bathroom. Her eyes go wide once she sees I'm puking. Almost as an instinct, she grabs my hair and pushes it away from my face.

"You're okay, you're okay." she pats my back. "Wanna tell me why he's yelling this time?"

I shake my head. "No."

"I was supposed to go to Daniel's, but..."

"Go, I'll be fine." I assure her, but I am anything, but fine right now.

"You're not pregnant, are you?" she jokes.

"Not me." I say, standing up. I still feel light-headed and Bailey catches on as she grabs my elbow to balance me. "I need to go talk to Harry."

"Okay," she nods. "You're sure you're fine here alone?"

"Yes," I answer. "I'll see you later."

I walk away from her and into the bedroom where Harry is sitting on the windowsill, dressed in sweats now. His head is hanging low and his elbows are balanced on top of his knees. I close the door behind me and when I do, his eyes snap up to meet mine.

"Lana, I am so sorry."

"Redd is pregnant." I feel like I have been stabbed in the chest and the knife is still stuck there. The feeling is undescribable.

"I know."

"With your child." I state the obvious only because I want for him to tell me differently or tell me it is all a big joke, but by the look on his face... this is not a joke.

"She's only a couple of weeks, we still have options."

"No. She still has options, not you. It's whatever she decides. You have no say in it. You are not the one carrying a life inside of your stomach." I say and he shakes his head, refusing to hear the truth. "She may want to keep the baby-"

"She won't want to keep the baby."

"You don't know that." I snap, feeling tears sting my eyes.

"Don't cry, please. I don't know how this happened." he stands with a desperate look plastered to his face.

"I do. You had unprotected sex."

He winces. "Shit, this is bad."

"Imagine when the media finds out Redd Mayne is pregnant with Harry Styles' baby while he is in a relationship with Darla Richardson." I say. "While he is still in a relationship with Lana Grey." My voice sounds wounded and hurt, distant.