t w o

t w o.

Harry's POV:

After I left for Los Angeles, me and Lana would stay up for hours talking on the phone. We would have discussions on meaningless things, but somehow, they felt significant enough to talk about for hours. She would recite poems to me and I would sing songs I wrote for her. She would laugh everytime I told her I never realized when I was writing a song for her. It was as if I would become possessed and only after I read it over had I realized it was about her.

Every night, I would FaceTime her just to tell her how much I loved her even though we were of course, broken up. I still felt the need to tell her I loved her. I still do. Over time, she seemed to drift away, acting different towards me. She would keep our phone conversations to a minimum of ten minutes, only caring to give me one word responses. Eventually, she stopped answering my calls at all and whenever I'd try to FaceTime her, she'd ignore it. One night; the night after her graduation, I had tried to call her for the hundredth time, but it didn't go through. All I wanted to do was congratulate her on her graduation and to tell her how proud I am of her for booking her very first book-signing.

Gemma hadn't failed to tell me about that. I just wanted to tell her how much I fucking loved her and how much I fucking missed her. But, she had changed her phone number and it was all too clear that she was ignoring me.

I decided I would call her house phone the next day and Danielle picked up.

"Hey, Danielle. It's Harry. Uh- Can I speak to Lana for a moment?"

"Hello Harry. I'm sorry to say, but Lana isn't here. Didn't she tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"She left for Columbia this morning."

"Oh... no. She didn't tell me. She's been ignoring me for the past couple of months, I can only assume."

"I'm sorry..." Danielle sighed. "I really am. Lana has been doing so well lately. Some days, she must take a moment to take a deep breathe once the memories resurface, but she found the strength to push them away. I can't help, but feel like going to New York was an escape for her. Possibly, maybe even, a new start... as if she wanted to push us away in order to move forward."

I had taken a while to answer to that. A wave of emotions hit me like a brick wall and damn hard too. Anger? Sadness? Betrayal? All three possibly. I didn't know. I didn't know. "Well... thank you, Danielle."

"No problem, Harry. I hope to hear from you again, okay?"

"Mhm," I mumbled without any promise. I hung up and threw my phone across the room, swearing as I did. I wanted to run after her; flee as fast as I could away from L.a. and to New York and beg her to just love me back as much as I loved her. If she had said yes, I would move to New York with her just to see those beautiful golden eyes every morning, next to me when I woke up.

Instead of moping around that night, I went to a bar and got laid. I woke up the next morning with an aching hangover, feeling disgusted with myself as I saw the read head, naked and lying next to me on the bed. My thoughts drifted off to Lana again and the pain returned. I wondered if each day, when Lana woke up, did she think of me the way I thought of her? I wondered if she possibly cared for me at all. Everything about us was real and so fucking rare. It's almost impossible to forget a love as epic as ours was. And now, here she stands in front of me.

Same as before, but so different. I would of recognized that voice anywhere; so strong yet gentle and insistent... beautiful. She wears a red trench coat with a designer hand bag and her hair is pin-straight unlike her usual, frizzy waves that I used to spend nights, running my fingers through. Her cheekbones; so defined, I would love to just run my fingertip along the curve of it. Her golden eyes, just as before, but something about them seem darker.

For once in my life, I am speechless. Lana is here; in the flesh and I have waited years for this moment only to have the wind knocked out of me. Stupid fuck, say something, I shout at myself. I wasn't prepared for this. Who would be? All those nights I have spent playing over in my head how this reunion would go down, this was not anything I could have ever prepared for.

"Harry," she breathes. I tense as my name falls from her lips. Now, I know I am not dreaming and this beautiful girl standing in front of me really is Lana and shit, why does this hurt?