f o u r t e e n

f o u r t e e n.

Song for this chapter: The Neighbourhood- Flawless

I wake up with a huge headache and I groan, knowing I have to meet Hank and some publishers downtown today to discuss my novel.

I've been fired from Barnes n' Nobles considering I missed two days of work. It was expected and I shouldn't have been so irresponsible, but it happened. So now I'm also on the hunt for a job.

As soon as I walk out of my bedroom, dressed and ready; I stop in my tracks when I am about to pass by the living room. There lays Tyler on my couch, his head laying against a pillow and his mouth is wide open so snores can be heard loudly.

I crouch down next to him, awkwardly patting his back so he can wake up and he does.

"I forgot how loud you snore." I say.

"I'm sorry. I just fell asleep here and- and-"

"It's fine."

"I really shouldn't have, though-"

"Tyler, it's fine. We're friends, remember?"

He sighs, tearing his gaze away from mine. "I remember."

I nod. "Well I should get going. I have some things I need to take care of today."

"Like...?"

"A few errands and I need to attend a meeting in regards to my novel then I need to look for a job."

"What happened with Barnes n' Nobles? You loved that job."

"I missed a few days when Harry was over." I instantly regret it. A feeling of guilt fills me when I mention Harry's name in a conversation with Tyler.

Ty tenses a bit and quickly changes the subject. "A novel? You wrote a novel?"

"Yes. It's going to be published in Spring."

"That's incredible, Lana." he smiles and it's a sad kind of smile. I know what he's thinking. I didn't tell him about the novel all this time when I had every opportunity to. "I'll ride with you?"

"Sure," I answer him.

*******

Harry's POV:

She hasn't picked up her phone in four hours. I feel a knot twist in my stomach when I think about how there is a possibility she is still angry at me because of last night.

But I was the one who had every right to be angry.

She had Tyler over. The love sick, pathetic fuck who will do anything to get her back. I know he's patiently waiting for me to fuck up just one time, so he can swoop in and make his move on Lana.

"She'll call, relax. Your anxiety is giving me anxiety." Zak huffs in annoyance.

"Oh, fuck off then." I tell him.

"Good rehearsal." Wayne comes in, patting my back. "We have to be in Studio City by four, so be waiting in front of your house in about an hour and your driver will take us."

I nod, not even really paying attention when I send a quick text to Lana.

Please call me back. I have to tell you something.

I wait. I stare at my phone for at least twenty minutes before I give up, finally leaving the venue to head back to my place.

My loft has never felt like home to me. It has spotless counters and leather furniture, and there's too much white. I hate it here. I miss Lana's apartment and... just Lana.