t h i r t e e n

t h i r t e e n.

After my classes, I head back to the apartment. Harry is scheduled to leave tomorrow and I find myself dragging through the day, wanting to get home as soon as possible to spend every minute with him.

As soon as I get home, Harry is sitting on the couch, angrily speaking into the phone. "I need more time. I just do. I don't give a shit, I can't leave. Please, I'm begging you." When his eyes land on me, they soften and he mumbles a goodbye before ending the call.

I take a seat next to him and he pulls my legs on top of his.

"How was school?" he asks.

"It was all right." I answer. "Who was that you were talking to on the phone?"

"Wayne. I told him I need a few more days out here."

"Oh," I drop my head.

"What?"

"I want you to stay here with me."

He sighs heavily. "You don't think I want that more than anything else in the world?"

"I know you do, Harry. But you were just signed a record deal and you have interviews coming up and an entire tour that takes off in two weeks."

He nods his head slowly. "I could always just quit and move here. We could get a condo together and even buy a puppy if you want since you hate cats. I have enough money to take care of you."

"If you quit, you'll regret it later. You love music and I love hearing your music."

"But I love you more." he leans in and touches my lips softly with his.

"Harry," I shake my head and not because I am refusing to kiss him. It's just the fact that he is refusing to think idealistically.

His eyes go desparate. "I don't see why you can't come with me. You'll love it in L.A. There's variety." He laughs breathlessly, using my word. "Music, culture, food, it's great."

"But I belong here... New York is my home now."

"Then what is it that you're telling me here Lana?"

I sigh. "Nothing. I just wish it was more simple, all right?"

He sighs too. "For a second, I thought you were... giving up on me."

"Never." I place my hand over his and he pulls me into his arms.

"What are we going to do?" he whispers against my hair.

"I don't know." I answer him truthfully just as the front door opens.

"Look at you two lovebirds." Bailey walks in, throwing her keys on the table. "Did you guys see OK magazine's article?"

Harry huffs. "Shit."

"What?" I peer up at him.

"That interview I did last week... it didn't go so well."

"What happened?"

A magazine is thrown on my lap. "See for yourself." Bailey clicks her tongue.

I flip past the first couple of pages until I get to the article that has a whole two pages dedicated to the interview with Harry.

The headline reads: Who's Harry's Mystery Girl? And next to the headline is a picture of me and Harry dancing at the Rock Club.

I begin to read the article silently as Harry reads it out loud with anger apparent in his voice.

Harry has confirmed that it is indeed over with his super model girlfriend, Redd Mayne. But who is this mystery girl he has been spotted with multiple times during his stay in New York City? Well here is your answer. Her name is Lana Grey and she is a current student at Columbia and is an author as well. A book of hers you might be familiar with is: The Real Life of Lana Grey.