s e v e n t e e n

s e v e n t e e n.

"We're being watched."

By who?

Why?

From where?

I have these questions with no answers and the fear is tugging at my chest with an invisible thread. It could be anyone. It could be someone close or someone I might not even know.

I nearly start hyperventilating then and there out of fear, but I tell myself to remain calm. A panic attack is the last thing I need right now.

Bailey then walks in through the front door and drops her bookbag to the floor. "What's wrong? You look pale Lana."

I take a deep breath, remembering the pictures the texts had. I was fully naked in two. Me and Harry were in an intimiate state in another. I don't know how this happened. "Nothing. It's just-"

"Lana," Harry grabs my attention.

"What?"

"Whose computer is that?" He gestures to the corner of the living room where Bailey's computer sits on top of her small work desk.

"That's Bailey's."

"Does the webcam work?" he turns to her.

"Yeah. I use it when I Skype with my parents- What are you doing?"

Harry is already in front of the computer, examining the webcam. "Why is it on?"

"I don't know. I haven't turned that thing on in days." Bailey says, confused.

"I didn't either." I defend.

In one swift movement, he rips the webcam out of its place and throws it to the floor with such force, it breaks into pieces.

Bailey gasps. "What the hell, Harry?"

"I'll buy you a new one."

"You wouldn't have to if you hadn't broke this one!"

"What the fuck was that noise?" Redd's thick accent is heard when she exits my bedroom and enters the living room.

"Who are you?" Bailey turns to her then to me. "Can you explain to me what is going on here?"

"Redd is... a friend and she needs to stay with us for the night. Don't worry, she'll take my room." I sigh. "And Harry is being blackmailed. Whoever it is that is texting him, has pictures of us together."

"What?" Redd gasps.

"Did you block the number?" Bailey asks Harry.

"Yes, but then he or she texted me too." I answer for him.

"Did you block the number?"

"Yes."

"Then the problem should be solved."

"Not exactly. I got five new texts from another number with threats and even more pictures-"

"What are the pictures of?" Redd asks then shrugs. "They can't be that bad, can they?"

Harry answers, "Lana is completely naked in two of them and half in one. The rest are of us kissing and laying in bed together."

I see hurt in Redd's eyes when she hears those words. I kind of wished he hadn't answered that bluntly.

But once she composes herself well again, she asks him, "Shouldn't you call the cops?"

"We can't. Those pictures will be everywhere. Whoever it is that is black mailing me also knows you're pregnant...by me."