t w e l v e

t w e l v e.

Harry's POV:

Seeing Lana break down yesterday was rough. It made me wonder how many times she has done so in the last few years or if she has done so at all. Maybe she was holding it all in and yesterday, she exploded.

She's come a long way. Six months... not six days, not six weeks. Six fucking months of being held against her own will. Six fucking months of being abused and pushed to her breaking point. If anyone can move on from this, it's her. And slowly, she's doing just that.

Leaving Georgia again was hard. Not because I would miss it. In fact, I resented Ripley and all its complacents. The thing that had a pull over me were the memories that lived there, the memories I held with Lana.

When we're on the plane, I tilt my head to the side to see Lana, scribbling away on her notepad. She's biting her lip in such concentration, it's turning white. Her eyebrows are furrowed in, a crease forming and her golden eyes are darting from left to right as she follows her cursive handwritten words.

"What are you writing?" I ask her.

She stops and instantly relaxes when her gaze meets mine. "Something... About you."

Her answer takes me by surprise. "Let me see."

She smiles weakly, but hands me the notepad anyways. I begin to read silently as she lays her head where my shoulder and chest meet.

There's something odd about love. It can inflict pain in the most disastrous form. It can change you in a way you would have never known possible. It can obliterate everything you once knew... and all it takes is a simple 'I love you'.

You then thank the heavens because someone out of anyone has fallen in love with you and it's a satisfying feeling, it is. But then you realize that there is no easy way of loving someone and there is no backing out once you're there. You love that person so they leave an imprint on your heart forever.

There is no falling out of love. If you separate, you become numb to the absence of them, but no, that love never dies. Love doesn't fade away or subside. Love is love and love is the only thing on this earth granted immortality.

Harry has taught me that.

These last three years without him didn't take away my love for him.

I was reminded of that the minute I saw his face underneath the Christmas lights in New York City.

I know now that my love for him will never cease nor relent and I am okay with that. I am okay with the fact that my love for him is immortal.

I must be smiling like a fucking idiot right now. I look down at Lana and she looks up at me. We kiss and then I tell her, "I'm okay with that too."

Not all memories I have with my dad are bad ones. There was this one time he bought me a soldier's toy gun and I would march around the house, pretending I was somewhere in the barracades or trenches, aiming my gun at the icky and evil, Gemma.

It broke one day and I held it in my arms as if I was craddling a baby and tears began to blur my vision at some point.

Then my dad came up beside me, patted my shoulder and said softly, "Don't worry, buddy. You'll learn soon enough. Everything you love breaks and everything that loves you will break you."

He did just that.

So did Lana. I lived three years without her, without ever being able to tell her how deeply and irrevocably in love I am with her, without ever being able to kiss her or touch her. She broke me and I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Because with love comes destruction.

(A/N) This chapter was so short, but it was meant to be that way. Just thought you should know what's going on in Harry's mind for a quick sec. Yeh :) Please keep voting and commenting.

Stayfab.