t h i r t y s e v e n

Song for this chapter: Arctic Monkeys- Snap Out Of It

t h i r t y s e v e n.

"Bailey!" It hurts my throat to even yell. And as soon as her name escapes my lips, I vomit again into the toilet. It's been like this all night, but I took a pill in hopes to calm down the nausea. It did for a while, but now it's back again and it is merciless.

My head is pounding, I can hear my pulse beating between my ears. I place a hand on top of my stomach and groan when another wave of nausea hits me.

"Bailey!" I yell again and instantly regret it as more vomit shoots out from my mouth. The door swings open, but it's not Bailey.

"Jesus Christ, Lana." It's Daniel and he looks like he just walked in on me laying on my death bed.

"Get Bailey," I wave him off and he disappears out the room as quickly as he bursted in. Next thing I hear is Bailey screaming.

"What?" Then, ten heavy footsteps down the hall. Once she's at the door frame, looking in, her eyes widen. "Please tell me you've got the flu."

"I don't," I vomit again and she rushes over, pulling my hair away from my face even though I'm sure there's puke at the ends of it as well. "Know."

"Daniel." She grabs his attention. "Go to the pharmacy down the street... It's right next to the game store. Get me three pregnancy tests."

"I'm not pregnant!" I yell, my eyes shooting open. But Daniel turns and I hear him exit the apartment, obeying Bailey's orders.

"When was your last period?"

"I haven't gotten it yet."

"Well, isn't that an itty bitty problem." She grabs a towel and camps it, running it through my hair as I tiredly fall back into her arms.

Today is the day of Niall and Kyrie's wedding. Isan should be here in two hours and I haven't even started getting dressed because here I am, puking my insides out.

"I'm not pregnant." I repeat, but more firmly this time.

"All right," It doesn't sound like she believes me the least bit as she runs the towel over my face, wiping away the sweat. "Just try getting in the shower and brushing your teeth."

I do. The entire shower, I just stand under the hot water letting it cascade down my body. Several thoughts are consuming and eating away at me, but I try pushing them away as hard as I can.

Today is supposed to be a good day.

Bailey is at the door when I exit the shower and I grab ahold of her arm, pulling her inside.

"Oh, relax. Daniel is in our room, packing."

"Doesn't mean he can't just walk by." I tell her.

"I've got the tests." She holds up a plastic bag and I stay examining it for a while until she shakes it.
"Ready?"

"I'm not doing it."

"What? Lana, you could be pregnant." She says the word pregnant slowly as if I cannot understand the language she is speaking.

"But I'm not. I know I'm not." I say. "I feel fine now, maybe it was just..."

"Morning sickness?"

"I've been throwing up since last night."

"I guess now is a good time to inform you that morning sickness doesn't only happen in the morning." She holds the bag out for me to take, but I don't and she sighs. "Come on, babe. You need to know."