t h i r t y e i g h t

Song for this chapter: Ellie Goulding- Dead in the water

t h i r t y e i g h t.

My dad answers the phone almost instantly and I'm glad he was the one to instead of my mom. I don't know how I'm going to explain this or what I'm going to say, but I need help and advice and I just want to be with my family again.

"Hello,"

"Hey Dad." My lips flick upwards for just a split second at the sound of his voice.

"You haven't called me in days. What's going on?"

"Uh- nothing, really, but..." I sigh. But really, a lot is going on. "You wouldn't mind if I flew out to Ripley again, would you?"

"I'm your father. Of course I wouldn't mind." He says. "Is everything all right?"

It takes me a couple of seconds to muster out an answer. I'm not crying yet, but I can feel a wave of emotions conjuring up inside me all at once. "Yes,"

"Liar." He calls me out on it.

Tears begin to sting my eyes. "I just miss you guys." My voice betrays me, cracking on its own.

"Lana, honey," His voice softens dramatically. "We miss you too. Come home, all right? Be on the next flight here."

I knew he'd get concerned and I hate myself for breaking down over the phone. I should have prepared myself better, but what's done is done. I'm not sad, I'm confused and lost.

"I'm coming home." I tell him.

"All right. Be safe. I'll tell your mother you're coming." He pauses. "I love you."

"Love you, bye." Then the call ends and I look down at my stomach, expecting to see some sort of change, but it's still flatter than what I would have thought it'd be.

I lay my head back on the pillow and place a hand directly on top of my abdomen, thinking; there is a small life inside me.

"Babe," Bailey walks in, smiling sympathetically when she sees the position I'm in. "Me and Daniel are hitting the road tomorrow at seven."

"So early?"

She nods, tears welling up in her eyes and I start to wave her off.

"Please, don't. I have been such an emotional wreck lately." Tears begin to gather at the corners of my eyes too.

"It's because you're pregnant and I'm leaving tomorrow and you're staying here and I am just so sad because I love you so much and I know I haven't been half as much as a good friend as you have been to me." She rambles as tears begin to swim down her cheeks. "And I am so sorry. If I could take it back, I would because... because..."

I stand and she rushes to me, wrapping her arms under mine as we hold each other tightly.

Tomorrow, our lives are going to take different paths.

And I'm not so sure if I'm ready for that.

******

Harry's POV:

I sit with the chubby baby in my lap; her brown eyes locked on mine as small excited sounds escape her mouth. The smooth blond hair she inherited from Redd is sticking straight up and she looks so much like her mom, it's frightening.

The only thing she has of Zak is the nose.

"Harry, hold her right." Redd shouts from the other couch.

"I am." I grab Sonnet's small hands and dip her back a bit, laughing when she begins to laugh too. Redd tenses and looks like she is about to grab Sonnet right off my lap which I find ridiculous. I know better than to drop her. "Tell your mommy to chill."