t h i r t y f i v e

Song for this chapter: Damien Jurado- Everything Trying

t h i r t y f i v e.

Five months after...

I spent a total of almost two months in Ripley Georgia after my absence of leave from Columbia. It was a slow, healing process for me but with the help of my family; I got better again. It's never safe for me to say I will never have another relapse again or that I will never have those vivid nightmares and flashbacks.

Because the truth is... I don't know if I will or will not. No doctor can give me a certain answer, either. But for now... I'm happy.

After the school year ended, I came back to Georgia to be with family again. At least, for the summer.

So here I am, washing the dishes with my mom beside me as we listen to that indie song we both love on the radio. My dad is playing Monsters with Parker and I feel overwhelmed with joy hearing my little brother's laugh and my mom's humming and my dad's monster voice.

This is the happiest I have been in months.

Suddenly, my cell begins to vibrate with such intensity; it nearly falls into the kitchen sink. Luckily, I catch it. Harry's name flashes across the screen and I look to my mom to see she has already saw his name there.

"Go," she smiles. "I'll finish up here."

I smile back and open the door to my backyard, stepping onto the grass with my bare feet and answering the call.

"Hello,"

"Miss Grey," His voice sounds from the other line. That same low, raspy voice I have only had the chance to hear at least three times since we last saw each other.

Once, I called him first. It was his birthday and I could tell in his voice he was surprised to hear from me. But I had no intention of completely cutting him out of my life like I have before.

The second time, he called. He wanted to see if I still wanted to attend the Ed Sheeran concert he got tickets for as a Christmas present. I declined because I was still in a bad state at the time.

The third time, he called again. He wanted to see if I was making progress and to wish me a happy 21st birthday. He was also shocked to hear I was going out with Gemma from time to time just to socialize with someone around my age and keep my mind healthy.

And this time, he called again. It was on my agenda to call him tomorrow, but it seems like he has beaten me to it.

"Hey." I try my best to sound normal. "How's tour?"

"It's great, both celebrating and dreading that it is coming to an end so soon." He pauses. "I read your novel."

"Did you?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I loved it and that is not a biased statement. It was genuinely amazing."

"Really?"

"Really," he says.

"Well I heard your album."

"Liked it?"

I smile. "Of course I did...it even got Bailey's foot tapping." The song he wrote for me that went viral back in December was on the album. Luckily, he didn't name it Lana.

He named it Golden Eyes and it was his second single to hit the radio stations. Of course, some people automatically assumed the song was about me and several articles came out about 'the girl who broke Harry Styles' heart twice.'