t h i r t y t h r e e

The news, media and paparazzi were all there, crowding around the apartment building; waiting and chanting for us to come out. It was the topic of the week and it was everywhere; on the t.v., the internet, magazines.

I sat on the windowsill and watched them all, afraid to even peak out from behind the curtains.

Everyone is worried about me, especially my parents, but I assure them all that I'm okay. Though, I can't seem to sleep anymore without falling into a night terror.

Bailey tries to get me out of the apartment to do something, but I don't want to face the people or hear the questions.

"Hey," Harry places a hand on my lap, but I don't react to his touch. I keep my eyes glued to the crowd of people, wondering if they ever get tired of standing for so long. "Bailey cooked. Come to the kitchen."

"All right," I answer.

His hand reaches over to rest on top of mine. "Lana,"

"Yeah?"

"Look at me." He requests, but I don't even have the energy in me to simply turn my head. It's like I have fallen asleep with my eyes open. "Please, look at me."

Gathering up the strength, I do. His eyes are full of emotions I cannot describe or pick out. I look down at our intertwined hands and squeeze a bit for reassurance.

"Look at me." He says again, more desperately and I have never seen him in a more vulnerable state than now.

"What?" I whisper.

"You've been so...away."

"I'm sorry."

"Just tell me what I can do."

I shake my head lightly. "You can go perform, get back on tour..."

"Don't be ridiculous." He presses his lips together. "We need to be together right now."

It makes me feel guilty, how many fans he is letting down; how many shows he has missed.

"They'll understand our situation, their support is undescribable so don't worry." He presses a kiss to my knuckles. "You're scaring me, Lana."

I raise my hand and push away some of the hair that has fallen in front of his face. "I'm all right."

His eyebrows turn in. "No you're not."

I sigh exasperated. "I'm. Okay."

Without waiting for him to reply, I stand to leave the room when I suddenly get so dizzy; I lose my footing and have to lean against my dresser for support.

"Lana," He grabs ahold of my arm and I feign a chuckle.

"Sorry. I'm probably just really hungry." My head is still hurting and vision is going black at the corners so I grip the wood of the dresser and take a deep breath.

"Are you sure? Do you feel lightheaded? You want to sit down?" He asks and I shush him.

"Just, wait for a second." I take another deep breath. My head feels to heavy for my neck to support so I let it rest against the wood. "Harry,"

"Is it a concussion? You think it could be a-"

"Harry," I reach for his hand, deciding I have to calm him. "Carry me there?"

He doesn't even hesitate when he ducks his arm under mine and lifts me easily into his arms; carrying me bridal style. My head rests in the crook of his neck all the while and Bailey's eyes widen when she sees us.