e l e v e n

e l e v e n.

I wake up from my second nightmare this week and my eyes land on Harry who has rollen off the mattress somehow and is now laying on the wooden floor.

I remind myself to calm down and I begin to count to ten.

Once I'm calmed, I know there is no chance of me falling back asleep despite the fact me and Harry have a flight to Georgia in less than four hours.

I get onto my feet and walk into the bathroom to take a shower, letting the hot water cascade down my body. It's three o'clock in the morning and I hope no one can hear the water running, but then again; these walls are paper thin with no insulation in them.

But sometimes, taking a shower after a nightmare helps me refresh myself as if the water can wash away the memories along with it.

I return to the room and slide back under the duvet. Harry rolls back over onto the mattress and I almost laugh at the way he groans, exhaustedly. I stay up for the next three and a half hours, staring at the ceiling because there is nothing else to do.

Harry wakes up at seven while the sun still has not made an appearance in New York City yet.

His eyes flutter open once I run my hand through his hair and massage his scalp. His lips pull into a small smile.

"Morning," his raspy voice says.

"Good morning,"

"How long you been up?" he studies my face.

"Not long." I lie. "We need to start getting ready."

He rolls over and leans in to kiss me, but I pull away and he frowns. "Why won't you let me kiss you again?"

I run my finger over his bottom lip. "I'm sorry..."

"Just kiss me." he places his hand over mine. "Please."

I grab his chin and begin to lean in hesitantly. Once my lips brush his, something in the atmosphere changes. Both of our breathing picks up and suddenly, we smash our mouths together; tongues crashing into each other.

Harry pushes me further down onto the bed and his lips travel down to my neck where he sucks harshly. There is going to be a mark there for sure.

"God, I love you so damn much." He breathes onto my neck. "I always have. I always will."

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him back to connect our lips once again.

"Promise me." he says on my lips.

"Promise you what?" I'm nearly out of breath.

"No matter what happens, we're going to be together until the end of this."

"Harry, I can't promise-"

"Promise me." He says with pleading, insistent eyes.

I sigh. "Fine."

He gives me one last peck. "Let's start getting ready. Ripley is waiting."

*******

The plane hovers above the clouds and I watch as the sky transitions from a dull gray to a bright blue. It's the only thing that hints that we are already out of New York and are descending down towards the South.

I tilt my head to the side and Harry is typing away at his phone, writing a new song. The song written about me that he posted on YouTube just reached eight hundred thousand views.

"Hey," I catch Harry's attention and his focused, hard expression softens when his eyes land on me.

"Yeah?"