t h i r t y

t h i r t y.

Song for this chapter: Kodaline- Unclear

My lips part in shock and I have trouble reacting right away. Bailey flinches away from Tyler when she sees me standing there and Tyler turns to lay his eyes on me; stilling at first until he quickly stands to his feet.

"Lana," Bailey starts. "I'm so sorry."

Tyler starts walking toward me slowly and cautiously. All the while, my jaw is clenched tightly to avoid vomiting out words I might just regret later.

"It's- That- We-" He stutters, gesturing to Bailey. "We were just kissing."

"Yes, I saw that." I say, then turn to Bailey. "One time thing, huh?"

She bows her head in disappointment then murmurs, "I have feelings for him."

"Great, I'm happy for you." I start to walk away. "You two are perfect for each other."

The thing is, I'm not entirely angry over them kissing. It's bigger than that. Me and Bailey are supposed to be friends, the best of friends. Is this what friends do? Go and make out with each other's ex-boyfriends? Disregard their friend's feelings and invite over the one person they do not want to see?

Most of all, I'm annoyed and still unsure of if I still think Tyler is Black Ice or not.

"Wait, Lana." Tyler reaches out to grab my hand and pull me back.

"Don't touch me." I snap at him.

He stays looking at me, incredulously. "You still believe I'm Black Ice."

I don't answer.

"You know I'd never hurt you."

As soon as the words leave his mouth, I scoff and start for my bedroom door again.

"Lana!" Bailey yells. "Listen to us. We need to talk about this."

I swing open the door, but then Tyler puts his foot in the doorway, constricting me from closing it completely.

"What do you want?"

"To talk, please." He begs.

"You are so inconsiderate." I shoot towards Bailey. "And a liar."

Her eyes fill with tears and for a moment, I see the hurt in her eyes, but I am too fired up to care.

"Does Daniel know about this?" I tried walking away from the situation, but the two of them followed me and now, words cannot stop spilling from my lips.

"No." She says, her voice giving away how ashamed she feels. I give up on trying to push the door in against Tyler's weight and they both walk in.

"Despite what you may believe, I am not Black Ice." He starts. "And this," he gestures between him and Bailey. "She was comforting me. I fell for it and I'm sorry, but...I still want to be with you."

"Really Ty?" She takes a step back like he has just slapped her across the face.

When he sighs heavily and looks at her, you can tell he feels guilty, it's all in his eyes. But when she turns and walks out the room in one quick movement; he makes no effort to chase after her.

"Leave."

"Lana,"

"Leave or I am going to call the cops again." I say. "I don't want to hear anything you have to say."