t h i r t y s i x

Song for this chapter: Alex & Sierra- Little do you know

t h i r t y s i x.

When I returned to New York that fall, a lot of things were different. Daniel moved into the apartment which I really didn't mind much, Bailey dyed her hair a dark brown, Tyler started dating a girl that is in my writing class.

The months went by quickly, my last year in college almost over and done with. It has been eleven months since the call with Harry and since I have learned of his relationship with Cassie Glen.

It doesn't surprise me much that they are still together. It was blatantly obvious right from the beginning that he liked her and as for me, I decided to give Isan the chance he deserves.

We went out several times this past summer where he proved over and over again that he really is a great guy. He's even come to visit me in New York these last couple of months and I can't officially say we are in a relationship, but I can't deny it is something I do want.

"Call him." Bailey urges, shoving my phone my way. I'm snapped back to reality and look down to see my list of contacts on the screen; Harry's name right on top.

"No." I lock my phone. "He's probably out doing... Hollywood things with Cassie."

"He called earlier and you ignored it."

"I was writing a paper."

"And now you aren't." She shrugs, smiling. "You can't avoid him forever, babe."

I know I can't. I've tried it before and it was not a successful attempt.

"I'm not avoiding him." After ignoring his calls for weeks after the night I spent with Isan at the prairie, I finally answered. It was an awkward conversation that took place the last day of September.

Both of us admitted that we were seeing new people and I would be lying if I said that was not a horrible night for me.

We talked a few more times after that, but in these last couple of months, our conversations have become shorter and shorter and less frequent.

"I called him last month and we talked. I can't call him everyday. He's busy and has a girlfriend that might get suspicious especially if she knows I'm his ex." I clarify.

She sighs. "If you don't call him, I will because he even called me and Daniel. I didn't pick up, but he told Daniel that he was trying to get in contact with you."

I stay looking at her to see if she is lying or not, but she passes the test and doesn't stray away from my line of gaze. A small breath escapes my lips and I begin to weigh out my options here. "Fine," I give in. "I'll text him."

Message to: Harry

Hey. Will you be able to make it to my graduation on the eighth?

Not even a minute later, I get a response.

Message from: Harry

Didn't think you would want me there

But yeah, wouldn't miss it for the world.

Message to: Harry

Okay, good.

Message from: Harry

Ha. You haven't texted me in forever. You usually call

Not that it matters

Did you get the invitation to Kyrie and Niall's wedding?