f o u r

f o u r.

"No, that's impossible." Harry snaps into the phone. "I can't fucking make it. Give them back their money and reschedule for tomorrow."

I shift uncomfortably. Blink 182 plays through the car, but the awkwardness is still there and it's very evident.

"I'll stay an extra day. I don't care." His green emeralds trail over to me and his face is still hard; angry and bothered by the person on the other end of the call. "Something important just came up. Take care of it. Bye." He ends the call and I roll down the windows a bit, letting the breeze come through. I feel nauseous. I feel panicked. I feel suffocated by Harry's strong presence.

My phone buzzes and it's Tyler calling. My heart sinks to my stomach and Harry must notice because he laughs breathlessly. "Answer it. Say you had something important to get to and it was too packed outside to squeeze through."

I answer the call. "Hey,"

"Where are you? As great as Redd's company has been, we are both wondering where have you and Harry gone."'

"I don't know where Harry is, Bailey texted me and said..." I sigh. I hate lying to Ty, but I continue to do so anyways. This is so wrong. "She had lost her key to the apartment and needed mines and she- she was arguing with Chris again out in the hall. The neighbors were starting to complain so I'm about to board the subway right now."

"You should have told me, Lana." I hear concern, but not anger. "Call me when you get there. I'll meet you there tonight?"

"No," I rush out. "No. I have some last minute changes to add to my paper so stop by tomorrow." I look to Harry who's eyebrows are furrowed in, eyes are focused on the traffic up ahead. "I have to go. See you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow." He confirms and I end the call. The awkwardness rolls in again... What am I thinking? You're not thinking, I remind myself.

"You lied brilliantly."

If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have had to lie to my boyfriend. Instead of saying that out loud, I change the subject. "Where are we going?"

A faint smile plays on his lips. "All I know as of right now is; tonight, we live."

*******

It's always so hard to find parking in the city. It's one of the main reasons why I didn't want to buy a car. The subway has always done good for me and some days, lunatics come aboard but it's New York and I wouldn't expect any less.

So then here's me and Harry, turning left and right, in hopes of finding a parking spot which will be a devastatingly long task. The silence is still there. Thank God for the music or else there would just be the kind of silence that tugs at you, begging for you to speak up-

"You can talk, you know." Harry says.

"You do realize we've circled around this block twice."

"Third time's a charm." he shrugs. "Tell me how Lana Grey lives her life nowadays."

"It's not as interesting as you would think."

"Try me."

I sigh. "Well I...live in an apartment with a roommate in East Village. I'm a coffee enthusiast. I major in creative writing and I work at the Barnes n' Nobles downtown. I just finished writing my novel and now, I am... currently waiting for a call for it to be published." I run my finger over my cell's screen in hopes my touch will be the magic touch and Hank's number will come alive on the screen; buzzing and all. Please.

"You can do better than that. Tell me about college parties. Tell me about your cat-"

"Columbia's students aren't the kind to a throw a party and... I don't have a cat."