e i g h t

e i g h t.

It's almost one in the morning and I still cannot fall asleep. I'm sitting in front of the t.v., flipping through channels. I hardly, if ever, watch cable.

All cable nowadays is fake reality tv and I am not really interested in that.

There's a knock on the door and I wonder who it is since Tyler left just two hours ago to visit some relatives in Upstate and Bailey left to go to a party with her new boy toy, Darren which means she won't be back until the morning.

I open the door and my jaw drops when I see who is standing on the other side.

"Harry?"

"Lana," he slurs with his eyes red and low.

"What are you doing here?"

He pushes through me without an invitation. "I can't stay away from you. You know that, I've tried telling you before."

I lock the door behind me. "Uh- I thought you were supposed to have left to L.A. by now."

"You would have loved if I had, wouldn't you?"

"I'm just...surprised." I shake my head. "Are you drunk?"

"Yeah. Why do you care?"

"I care for you, believe it or not."

"And that's why you ignored me for three years?"

"Harry, we've been through this before. Let's not get into that again."

"Did you hear my song?" he smirks.

"I did," I say. "Take a seat on the couch. I'll bring you water."

He obliges and I leave to the kitchen to come back with a glass of water. Once I hand it to him, he drinks then looks up to me. "You're so beautiful."

"I'm going to go call a cab,"

"No!" Harry sets the glass cup on the coffee table and strides over to me. He suddenly loses his balance once he reaches for the phone in my hand then he falls on top of me causing me to fall back as well.

My head slams against the floor and Harry rolls off me and begins to laugh, but my head is hurting too much for me to even crack a smile.

"Harry, you can't stay here."

"I'm sorry for making you fall," he runs his hand over mine and I pull away. "And please let me stay with you tonight."

"You're drunk, Harry." I state the obvious. "You can't just barge into my apartment, drunk and demand to stay the night."

"Oh, there it is right there." he points a finger in my direction.

"What?"

"I am drunk." he cups my face in his hands. Tears are forming in his eyes and I have never seen Harry this messed up. "I'm drunk and you're beautiful. And in the morning, I'll have a shit hangover, but you... oh, you'll still be beautiful."

"Harry-"

"What is it? Why can't I stay with you?"

"Because-" I sigh heavy and frustratingly.

"Are you afraid Travis will find out?"

"No." I roll my eyes. "Fine. You take the bed this time, but first thing in the morning-"

"No you take the bed." he argues. "And I will too."

"Not happening." I finally gather up the strength to get onto my feet.