f i f t e e n

f i f t e e n.

There is nothing better than waking up next to the one you love. Harry lays beside me, in all his beauty. I reminisice to the first time we had slept together in that hotel room when we took a road trip to Connecticut.

God, we were so ballsy and fearless.

I had asked him why he didn't kiss me since the first time he did at the prairie. I remember asking him because I wanted him to kiss me, then and there, but he didn't get the hint. Instead, he said, "I didn't think you wanted me to."

I did.

Very much.

But I yawned and wrapped my arm around his torso, falling asleep instead of saying the words that were on the tip of my tongue; kiss me now.

I regret not saying them.

"Harry," I shake him lightly, but he doesn't wake so I try again. "Harry,"

"Hm?" his eyes flutter open.

"Merry Christmas." I rest my chin on his chest, and place my hand on top of his beating heart.

What a beautiful sound it is.

He smiles lazily. "Merry Christmas to you, Miss Grey."

"We need to get ready."

"Can't we just stay in bed all day?" he groans, throwing his arms around me to pull me back down on his chest.

"No. It's Christmas." I push myself up off him. "I'm going to go take a shower and then we'll go get breakfast at the diner?"

He winces. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?"

"There could be paparazzi around or fans and they can take pictures..." he trails off.

"Oh," I try my best to not sound affected. "All right. I can just make breakfast."

He nods, getting onto his feet. "I'll take a shower with you."

"No, Harry." I place a hand on his chest. "You know I don't really like anyone seeing me bare..."

"It's not anyone, it's me. And I've seen all of you before...plenty of times." he cups my face in his hands.

"Yes, but it's daylight and..." I shake my head.

"All right." he sighs, leaning in to peck my lips. "I'll wait."

*******

Bailey is already in the kitchen, cooking breakfast in her onesy with country music on high volume. Harry complains about it, saying the music is making his ears bleed and Bailey lets him change it to Arctic Monkeys.

After Harry explained to Bailey the situation about Darla, she understood his dilemma, but was still reluctant to his presence. She'll get over it eventually, that's what I tell him.

"Present time!" Bailey cheers happily. We all sit down in the living room with each other's presents in our laps. "I'll go first. Lana, here's yours. Harry," She hands us the presents.

Mines is a large, heavy box and so is Harry's though his box is more narrow.

I tear apart the wrapping paper to reveal just an old, regular box. Once I open it up, I'm surprised to see a whole entire collection of almost every Anne Rice book there is.

"These are great Bailey. Thank you very much."

"I know, I know." she smiles. "I didn't know what to get Harry, but I mean..."