t w e n t y t h r e e

Song for this chapter: Angus & Julia Stone- For you

The crowd was running in the opposite direction of me, almost every human body pushing up against mine like the ocean's current while I was fighting my hardest to get back inside the club.

The only thing I could hear were the distant screams and my own heavy breathing. My heart was pumping so fast, anxiety making me impatient and shoving everyone who now got in my way.

Too many times, I have heard the awful sound of a gun being fired and now, here I am; with tears welling up in my eyes and a sob rising in my throat trying to get to Harry who I have not yet come across.

All because shots were fired and I have no idea if he was hit or not.

"Harry!" I hear someone yell his name. It sounded like Zak.

I finally see an opening and I end up falling over someone's foot, my knees colliding with the hard concrete floor. Bailey helps me up, her grip strong on my arm.

The club is near empty now, but I see Zak and Cole still standing in the middle of the dance floor.

"Where is he?" I rush out.

"I don't know where he went." Zak answers.

"What do you mean you don't know where he went?" My voice comes out a lot snappier than I intended it to.

"We have to clear this area." Two bouncers from the outside come in to tell us. "The owner of this club-"

I don't wait to hear what else they have to say. Without another moment of hesitation, I start striding to the back area, where I last seen him. The police arrive at the scene and Zak literally has to drag me out of the building.

"Where is he?" I push Zak off of me. "Where did he go?"

"Calm down." Bailey touches my arm. "Try calling him."

Just as I pull my phone out of my back pocket, I hear his voice.

"Lana,"

Then I feel the familiar warmth of his touch on my arm. I turn and there stands Harry. He's breathing heavily like he has just finished running a marathon and there are beads of sweat at the top of his forehead.

I can't even begin to describe how my entire body recharges at the sight of him, the presence of him.

Relief courses through my body and I throw my arms around his neck firmly. My hands still shake as I grasp onto him and my heart is still beating a thousand beats per second.

He wraps his arms around me a second later then I feel his body relax and I hear him sigh when he does. Our argument just minutes ago seen to have no relevance right now.

"Don't ever scare me like that again."

He doesn't answer. When I finally pull away, his jaw is clenched and he still has that same angry, hurt look on his face. I'm the cause for this, I think and it's true.

I shouldn't have kissed Tyler, but I was hurting and he was there. Harry wasn't. Harry was too busy, making out with Darla for the cameras.

Still, I feel the guilt and it's making me feel like the most horrible person just standing here, in front of him.

"Where were you?" Zak asks.

"I panicked when I heard the gunshots." Harry answers, empty of any emotion. "Went looking for Lana."