t w e n t y f i v e

t w e n t y f i v e.

Harry stood up from the couch and sighed heavily, running a hand over his face. This is the first I've told him about this because every other time I was going to, something more important seemed to pop up.

"You've...talked... to Black Ice before?"

"Yes," I answer him.

"Wait," he turns to look at me. "Let me get this straight. You've talked to him? You've heard his voice?"

"Yes and that's why I know he's a male."

"Why didn't you tell me about this? What did he tell you?"

"He gave me an address to go to and said if I didn't, he would kill Daniel so I went."

Daniel cringes when he hears me.

Bailey sighs. "And he told her to go alone,"

"And it ended being a birthday party for Sarah... Tyler's girlfriend."

Harry sits back down. "Why would he send you there?"

"Beats me," I shrug. "Me and Sarah talked and she might it quite clear she didn't want me anywhere near her, but I have no idea why he made me go."

"You should have recorded the phone conversation." Daniel chimes in.

The room falls silent with those words, everyone turns to face him then me.

"Oh God," I bury my face in my hands. "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Listen, it doesn't matter." Bailey says. "This is getting out of hand. He was too close last night."

"I agree." Harry purses his lips, his eyes are glued on me. "I think it's time we called the police."

"Harry. Are you kidding me? We can't do that."

"Why not?" He asks. "I ended the fake relationship with Darla, everyone is already beginning to believe we're together. There's no better time than to call the police now."

"He's right." Bailey nods.

"And what evidence do we have?"

"The text messages, the cameras we found, the-"

"Box." Bailey says. "The box he left at our doorstep with the dress... He left a note on it and I never threw it away."

"See,"

"I don't think we should." I say.

"You have to. You can't wait around until something happens. Something bad." Daniel tells me.

"If we go and tell the police, something even worse can happen. Who knows how long it will take for them to find out whoever is Black Ice and who knows what can happen in that timespan." I rush. "It's not a good idea."

Everyone goes quiet, we are all exchanging looks with each other and I am waiting for someone to agree with me.

"Either way... if you look at it... we're fucked." Harry shakes his head. "The private investigator Wayne hired is saying every piece of evidence we have is a dead end."

"We should all wait until the morning to decide." Bailey says. "Just try and sleep on it."

"Agreed."

"All right," I nod even though I am pretty certain of my decision to not contact the police. If Black Ice is ruthless now without a reason, I can only imagine him angry with a reason to be.