49: Another Woman's Fiancé

A/N:

We're at 7k reads guys!!! 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Thank you so much!!!

❤️❤️

To celebrate, here's an early chapter.

49: Another Woman's Fiancé

"Do you remember me?" I asked, my heart pounding in my chest as I awaited his answer. He parted his lips to speak but before he could get a word out, he was cut off by the computer generated voice from the car's speakers.

"You have a call from Candy heart." The robotic voice informed and I suddenly felt annoyed. I turned away to look outside the window and Derrek took the call.

"Derrek, where are you?" Candice's voice filled the car and I held back a groan. I could've gone my whole life without hearing her voice again.

"Running an errand." Derrek answered and I scoffed.

"At two in the morning?"

"It's for Luke. His girlfriend is in the hospital and he needed me."

"Is she hurt?"

"She suffered a serious head injury but the doctors say she'll be fine." Derrek explained and I closed my eyes, forcing myself to go to sleep so I didn't have to hear them talk. I sounded so bitter thinking that.

Thankfully, Candice hadn't screamed once and she had been unexpectedly understanding. She even seemed concerned about Luke and Cassidy. It was a side of her I'd never seen before. Was that the side she showed only to Derrek? Was that why he fell in love with her?

Derrek told her that he was driving and that he would call her back when he was back at the hospital, then, he hung up.

"Tiara?" He called and I stayed still, hoping he would think I was asleep but he was too smart for me. "I know you're not asleep."

"Fine, I'm awake." I sighed in defeat and opened my eyes. I looked forward out from the windscreen and blew out a puff of air from between my pouted lips. I suddenly felt the awkwardness again and I wished we could just get to my house already.

"You asked me a question before—"

"It was a stupid question, Derrek. Just forget about it." I cut him off, waving my hand dismissively.

"Why?"

"Cause it was a stupid question."

"Why did you ask it then?" He questioned further and I let out a small groan, placing my head into my palms. He wasn't going to let this go now.

"You were asking weird questions and it made me wonder if maybe you had your memories back." I answered after a few moments of awkward silence. I might as well have come out to say it since I was stuck in this car with Derrek anyway.

"Why do you care if I have my memories back?"

"Why are you asking so many questions?"

"You started asking questions. Is it wrong if I voice out a few of my own?" He glanced at me with an arched eyebrow and I turned away, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I was just curious." I answered his earlier question but my answer didn't seem to satisfy him.

"Not good enough, Tiara." He wagged his index finger at me before placing it back on the steering wheel and I swallowed, nervously brushing my hair away from my face.