18: A March Wedding

I turned in my bed as I felt a warm breath fan my face. I found it strange but I was too tired to bother about it. Just as I was about to fall back asleep, I felt fingers brush across my back and a moment later, I was pulled into a hard chest. My eyes snapped open as I finally registered what was going on and I screamed at the top of my lungs as I found Derrek's face just a few inches from mine. I pushed at his chest, loosening his grip from around me, then, I scrambled out of bed.

"What the hell was that!" I yelled at Derrek who had an annoyed look on his sleepy face. He rubbed his eyes and stared down at me, seated on the cold marble floor as he sat up in the bed.  He was shirtless and looking down to his waist where the covers had hidden the rest of his body, I feared that it had been the only thing shielding the rest of his probably naked bottom half. I glanced down at myself and screamed as I saw an unfamiliar white t-shirt clothing my body. My head began to pound right after and I groaned in pain. Why did my head ache so much?

"Could you not scream at me, please?" Derrek groaned, rubbing his temples. "I've got a huge headache."

"No." I wagged my finger at him and I scrunched up my face in pain. I really needed some pain killers. "You need to explain to me why you're naked and why I'm half covered up."

Derrek glanced down at himself for a second before glancing at me. I covered my body with my arms, feeling a lot uncomfortable under his gaze. The t-shirt barely covered my thighs.

Nodding, he answered, "You threw up. Three times."

"Ehn?" I glanced down at myself once again.

"You threw up on the floor and then, on your dress, then, on me." He continued, getting up from the bed and I quickly covered my eyes to prevent myself from seeing anything I did not want to. "I'm not naked."

Slowly, I opened my eyes and found Derrek with his dark colored boxers hanging low on his hips and I felt a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I looked away but the image of his ripped body lingered in my mind. He must have worked out a lot. He blew out a breath of air before speaking again.

"Let's talk about this later. I really can't think straight with this ache in my head." Derrek waved his hands dismissively and although, I wanted to argue, I couldn't find the strength to.

"Agreed." I responded as I got up to my feet.

*

"Took you love birds long enough." Tosin grinned as Derrek and I walked into the dining room, thankfully fully clothed. Tosin and Alex had been generous to lend us their clothes and some pain killers. After a very quick, separate shower, Derrek and I headed down for breakfast as Tosin had insisted we had some pancakes before we went on our way.

We'd only been half done with breakfast when Tosin began to hit us with unexpected and dreadful questions. I almost choked on my pancake the moment her words registered in my mind.

"W-What?" I managed to say once I had stopped coughing from the irritation in my throat. I blinked away the tears that had formed in my eyes.

"When's the wedding? Have you guys agreed on a date?" Tosin repeated after taking a sip from her orange juice. Girl loved her orange juice.

Derrek and I glanced at each other, wondering who it was that could come up with the fastest answer.

"Uh, we're still deciding on dates. Can't seem to make up our mind." Derrek said. I loved his quick thinking so much. I could've never come up with that answer.

"Yeah." I answered, nodding.

"Aww." Tosin pouted. "What about your March wedding? You always wanted a March wedding."