65: You Need To Leave

I felt extremely nervous as I got off the elevator on Derrek's floor. I had decided to take Benjamin's advice to tell Derrek how I really felt about him and I was excited, nervous and scared. I tugged on the sleeves of my black turtle neck body suit and pulled on the waist band of my blue acid washed mom jeans. I could see Derrek's door at the end of the hallway and my heart began to hammer in my chest.

What if Derrek didn't feel the same way? What if I was making a mistake? Should I have just left before I made a fool of myself?

I stopped at that thought. Maybe this was a bad idea. Letting my doubts get the better of me, I turned around a scurried towards the elevator but I paused once again as I heard a voice yell. It was a familiar voice and I whipped around to confirm my suspicions. Sure enough, Luke walked out of Derrek's apartment, slamming the door shut behind him.

"You can go to hell for all I care!" He pulled the door open once again and slammed it harder than the first time. I jumped, surprised by the violent action.

Luke hadn't noticed me yet as he threw his arm into his jean jacket. He adjusted the collar before looking up in my direction and he stopped, his eyes widening in shock.

"Tiara, what are you doing here?" Luke said in a low voice, glancing towards Derrek's apartment briefly. He rushed up to me and turned me towards the elevator.

"I came to see Derrek." I said, stepping away from him.

"Now's not the best time." Luke said, glancing at his cousin's door once again. I followed his eyes to the door.

"What's going on? Did you two get into a fight?" I asked as my eyes trailed back to the annoyed looking boy.

"No, we didn't. It's—" He pauses, giving a sigh, then, he bit on the side of his lip for a moment before letting out a breath of air from his lips. "It's Candice." He said hesitantly. "She's in there."

"What?" I was completely caught off guard. Candice? Derrek said he was done with her so why was she at his house again? What was going on?

"I don't think you should go in there. I'll tell Derrek you dropped by." Luke steered me towards the elevator once again but I shrugged his arm off my back and headed straight towards Derrek's apartment. "Tiara, come on!" He called out but I paid no attention to him. I was going to get to the bottom of this. Besides, I had a few words I wanted to say to Candice.

The moment I opened the door, I wish I hadn't. Candice was too close to Derrek for comfort. She had her hands on his face and the image made my stomach turn in disgust.

As soon as they realized my presence in the room, Derrek shoved her away and stepped forward towards me.

"Tiara, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"What is she doing here?" I asked, glancing at Candice who had a smirk playing on her lips.

"Isn't it obvious? I came to see my fiancé." Candice walked up to me. The clinking of her heels on the marble flooring set me off.

"Candice, stop it!" Derrek warned, turning to her and she rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing here, fiancé stealer? I thought you would have crawled under a rock to die after I exposed your dirty little secret." Candice sneered at me but I ignored her, focusing my eyes on Derrek.

I had let myself believe for a moment that maybe Derrek had feelings for me but he had let Candice into his house and she had looked like she had all the power in the world. She had looked too comfortable and that made me extremely uncomfortable.

"Why is she here, Derrek?" I repeated and Derrek gave a sigh.

"We had some things to work out." My eyes never left him as he spoke, trying to read his expressions. He looked very uncomfortable and could barely look me in the eyes.