Prologue

Hey peeps! I have been working really hard on this book, and I felt it was time to reward your patience! So here you go! You're sneak peek/Prologue!

------------------------

Two men were standing outside digging into the ground, getting ready to make a pipeline for the house that was to be built there. "So how much are we getting paid, Lucas?" The older man with blonde hair asked. Lucas had light brown hair with copper eyes. Dirt covered his skin as he kept shoveling it out of the hole. "Just dig, Ian. We don't have long before daylight," Lucas replied. "What are ya? A vampire?" Ian chuckled as he dug the shovel in and it hit something hard. 

Ian looked up at Lucas with a wolfish grin, "What did I tell ya?" "It's probably an unmarked grave. I'll call in Lady Penelope to help properly move the remains," Lucas said pulling out his phone. "Wait. Wait. Wait. These kind of graves could have treasure? You wanna give that to Lady Penelope?" Ian asked. "It's the proper thing to do," "Screw proper! There could be a fortune in there!" Ian growled. "No," Lucas replied as Ian tried to finish digging up what they learned was a coffin. His shovel scraping at the dirt covered wards on the surface. 

"Ian! Stop! You can anger the-," Lucas tried to stop Ian, but Ian shoved him back and swung the shovel knocking Lucas unconscious. The damage was already done. The wards disturbed. As soon as Lucas was unconscious, the coffin swung open. Ian's eyes widened as a woman crawled out of the coffin. An older and nearly undead looking woman. With very long fraying white hair and a ratted and torn dress. 

She looks up at him, eyes glowing a red. Ian tried to crawl out of the large hole they were digging, but she grabbed him. "You've been a bad boy," She chuckled with a voice like nails to a chalkboard. "No! Please!" He begged. She looked down at Lucas, and back at him. Her frail looking hand had a strong and tight grip around his throat. She pinned him against the wall he'd tried to climb. Then she leaned in and whispered in his ears. 

One could hear the faint echo of a wailing woman, but to him... it was louder than he could stand. She laughed as blood dripped from his ears and eyes. He cried out in pain, but no one heard as the wailing took over his ears. Once he went limp, she let him fall to the ground. She then walked to Lucas's body on the ground. 

"You poor thing. I am nothing if not kind to a soul in need," She said with her gravely voice. She knelt down and placed a hand on his cheek. The wailing sound appeared again, and he gasped awake. He gave the haggardly woman a frightened look and backed away a bit. "Calm down, you were only dead for a couple of minutes," She sighed unamused. "You- you brought me back?" He frowned. "Of course. Now, I could really use a bath. Mind taking me somewhere where I can do such a thing?" She replied. 

"Oh- uh- Oh my God! What did you do to Ian?" He frowned. "Don't worry about him... He got what he deserved, and I'm going to eat his heart for dinner," She chuckled walking back over. Lucas started feeling a little light headed, and even more so when he watched as she reached in and ripped Ian's heart out. "I love a greedy heart. I used to eat them all the time when I was younger," She chuckled using magic to preserve it as she put it in the bag in her coffin. 

She grabbed her things, including her spyglass and put them in the bag. "Oh right um...  Let's g- Let's go," He sighed. He walked her over to the truck, and she got in before he even did. "Oh- You-," "The spyglass let me see the world while in there. Can we please just go? I don't want to be here another moment," She replied. "Right," He sighed and started the truck and drove off. 

-----------------

"So where did you bring me?"  The white-haired woman asked as she entered the dark room. The light from the hallway only showed a disheveled silhouette. Her voice still held gravel, almost as if it had not been used for a while. "We are in a hotel. I happen to own it, so you'll be pretty much left alone here," Lucas replied as his silhouette entered after her. "No need. I won't be staying here. I just want to clean up," She replied.