Chapter 29- Sickness and Health

Darcy cried as she vomited, yet again, into the toilet. It was as though her body would no longer accept any food. No matter what she ate, she couldn't keep it down. She was at her wits end, and Thomas could no longer 'wait until it passes'. Something was wrong, and it was killing him to not know. Add that to the fact that she wouldn't go see her mom about it.

"Thomas, please... make it stop," Darcy sobbed a bit. Her muscles were tense, and she was completely drained by the constant vomiting. It was getting to the point where she just didn't want to eat, just to spare herself the uncomfortable burden of kneeling over the toilet to throw it back up and the toll it took on her body.

"You need to go see your mom, Darcy," Thomas warned, "We can't get you to a doctor until the snow is gone." "It can wait," Darcy sighed as she fell into him. She was pale and exhausted. He frowned, "Wait? You have been vomiting up everything you have eaten since the wedding! That snow has already been out there a week, and another storm is coming." "Thomas, I-," "Go. See. Your. Mom!" He interrupted her sternly, "I will not sit here and watch you die from starvation." 

She let out a sigh, "Fine, but- I need to take a nap first. That one took a lot out of me." "Okay, fine," He agreed as he picked her up and carried her into the bedroom. He laid her down, and she hugged the pillow as she closed her eyes to rest. He sat on the bed next to her and occasionally switched between rubbing her arm and caressing her cheek.

She remained pale and even clammy as she rested. "Honey, I need to go handle some things with the pack. Keep them from panicking about you. Go see your mother when you're on your feet, then come find me after. Okay?" He said after a few minutes. Darcy nodded before dozing off. Thomas leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead and stood up. He walked over to the door and gave her one last look before reluctantly leaving.

After about thirty minutes, Darcy managed to wake up without feeling sick. She sighed knowing that she was going to have to go to her mom as he wanted her to do. She then got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom to clean up. Once she'd brushed her teeth and washed her face, she walked out of the room and pulled on one of Thomas' long sleeved shirts that was bigger than her.

She then slipped on some slippers and wrapped herself in a robe before leaving the room. She walked down the hallway to her mother's room and sighed before knocking. "Mother?" Darcy called after knocking. "Come on in," Anne permitted. Darcy opened the door and walked inside. "Hello, Darcy," She smiled then frowned, "Why are you so pale?"

"Well, I was hoping you could tell me," Darcy replied as she choked back tears, "I haven't been able to keep food down since the wedding. That's been nearly a week. I have tried every type of food, but nothing will stay down." Darcy broke into tears, "I had been avoiding coming because I didn't want to worry everyone, but I know that it is frustrating him." "You know I will ways help, and I can be discreet," Anne smiled as she hovered a hand over Darcy's forehead. 

"Hmm," She hummed as she cocked her head to the side. "Well, I think your problem might just be easier solved than you think," Anne smiled widely. "What?" Darcy frowned. "Darcy, dear, you're pregnant," Anne informed. Darcy was thrown into a shock that she didn't almost understand. "I- I can't believe it," Darcy breathed, "There's a baby in there." "Mmm," Anne sucked hair in through her teeth in a reversed hiss. "What?" Darcy gave her an unamused. 

"You should probably know. That it's more common for a wolf family to have more than one baby at a time," Anne said. "What?!" Darcy gave Anne an incredulous look. "With how many times I'm sure you two have been having sex, I wouldn't doubt that you were going to get pregnant at some point," Anne chuckled. Darcy let the information settle in, "Why?" "Twins are common among wolves. Even triplets and quadruplets. You know, I once met a pregnant she-wolf that was having quintuplets. 5 babies at one time! I did not envy her," Anne rambled on as Darcy accepted the information, "I'm happy with one at a time. Although I only ever got the chance to have you."