Chapter 8- Message Received

"What?!" Thomas, Penny, and Roman all asked at the same time. "Yes, I- Yes I am correct. This broach was specially made for Matron Darkas," Alyssa said in disbelief, "I can't hardly believe it! All these years we thought she just ran off, but she was buried alive? Who would do such a thing?" 

"Hello. What seems to be the problem?" A woman asked walking in. She had dark hair and tired green eyes. Anne was right behind her. "Oh, We're so sorry to bother you, but-," "Am I correct as to who this broach belongs to, Alice," Alyssa asked handing the broach over to the woman. Everyone was anxious as she inspected the the silver broach. 

The sigil was the usual magnolia flower with a crescent moon around it.. "Ah yes this is one of the last ones I ever made. Belonged to Matron Darkas Coletti," Alice said. "See, I told you so!" Alyssa smiled a bit, "I remember being there when Alice made it." "Ah yes, one of my favorites to make," Alice chuckled. "Look, Thomas. Darcy requested the Crescent moon here for you," Alyssa explained. "So, our banshee is-," "Exactly who I expected," Anne sighed after interrupting Thomas, "I was afraid of this." 

"Penny call William, we made him a promise," Roman said. "I agree, but we do have more answers now," Anne said. "What do you mean?" Thomas asked. "We know what she is. We know who she's after. Roman, there was another killing, yes? Did this man work for Lila Carter?" Anne asked. "I don't know. I'll need to call in and see," Roman said walking away while pulling out his phone. 

"Listen," Anne said grabbing Thomas' and Penny's attention. The look in her eyes showed that she was about to warn them of something, "When Lila buried me alive, I already knew what I was and had control. Darcy didn't. What am I afraid of: is that she has lost control. I am afraid that she has lost all sense of herself and who she is. When you confront her, be careful. There's no telling what she's capable of."

"What do we do?" Penny asked. "The Darcy you know and love, she's not there. This beast is, and she's got the appearance that she's protecting Darcy from anyone hurting her. When uncontrolled, our banshee forms can take on minds of their own. Like a split personality," Anne explained. "Is there any part of our Darcy left?" Thomas asked with a frown. "I believe there is, but she's dormant. We'll figure that part out when we get there. Right now, our goal is to stop her from doing something she cant come back from," Anne replied. 

"Okay," Penny nodded. "I would suggest Thomas stay here, but I know you're not going to. You need to stay out of her line of fire, do you understand?" Anne warned him. "I do," Thomas replied. "No concerns for me?" Penny chuckled. "You're not her bond. You're her sister, she might never forgive herself if she hurt you. However, she could still come back," Anne explained. "Yes, well, thank you for the confidence," Sarcasm laced Penny's voice. 

"I like you," Anne chuckled. "Told you you would," Thomas chuckled as he stood up. Roman had walked back into the room, "Well it checks out, the guy who was killed works for Lila." "We need to go to mother then, see if she knows what's coming," Penny said standing up as well, "Darcy was at our old house, however I don't think she'd stay there." "Don't worry, I have a couple of Banshees who have been following them. I know where you're going to find them, but we need to know how to approach her before we do anything," Anne said.

"We won't go after her without consulting you first," Thomas assured. "That's not- she may be waiting for you there," Anne warned, "Be prepared. She will rely on her wail to hold you off, so I have these for you." "I had a ring, but it didn't help," Penny frowned. "That ring will only protect you from normal Banshees. These amulets will protect you from Darcy," Anne replied, "Keep them on at all time. Do you understand me?" "Yes Matron Anne," Thomas said placing the amulet around his neck. 

Penny did the same and gave Roman his. Then they all started walking for the door. "Don't be strangers, alright," Alyssa said hopefully. "Never," Penny smiled back at her. "You know we'll be back," Thomas assured. "Good bye you three, and thank you for coming. You're always welcome here," Anne smiled as they left the room.