Chapter 23- Matron

Thomas woke up when the sun shone through the window. So much has happened in the past few weeks that he couldn't even process. He took the quiet morning as a chance to process. He was happy though. She was happy, healthy, and laying right next to him.

He looked over at her sleeping form and smiled. There she is. Resting and peaceful. He could hear her calm heart beating, and her breathing was completely normal. The night before was more than a dream because she was bare under the sheet and so was he. He let out a happy sigh and rolled onto his side to watch her sleep.

She was so beautiful. She almost seemed unreal. Just as this moment felt to him. That she was here. The only bad thing about this moment is that it wouldn't last. She would wake soon, so he soaked in as much if her peaceful sleeping form as he could before her glowing crystal blue eyes fluttered open.

"Good Morning," Thomas smiled brightly, catching her attention. Darcy looked at him and smiled softly. "Well, hello handsome," She greeted. "Your eyes are glowing. Everything okay?" "Yeah," She replied confused as to why her eyes were glowing. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and pulled back whatever magic she'd been doing in her sleep. She opened her eyes again and they were their normal crystal blue.

She looked back over at Thomas, "Better?" "Much," He smiled, and she rolled onto her side that faced him, "Were you watching me sleep?" "I might have been," He answered. "Did you enjoy the show?" She giggled as her cheeks turned pink. "I sure did," He replied and caressed her warm cheek. "Any chance to see you is one worth all the other times I don't get to."

"That was incredibly corny, Thomas," Darcy giggled. "I don't care. It's the truth," He replied with a smile. "Then I love it," Darcy smiled as she scooted closer to him and let him wrap his arm around her as she curled up against his chest. "You're so warm," She hummed. "Are you chilly?" He asked, "A cold front came through. I bet everyone camped outside is cold." "Well, I- I don't quite like that," Darcy said getting out of the bed. 

"Where are you going," Thomas asked as she walked over to the dresser and pulled on some dark blue jeans and a black sweater. "I don't like the idea of being in the house where there's a nice warm fireplace to sit near, and there are people camped out in the cold," Darcy replied as she slipped into her black boots. "I am going to see if there's any way I can help out there," She explained as she brushed her hair at the vanity and walked for the door. 

Thomas quickly got up and pulled on some blue jeans, a black shirt, and his blue jacket. After speed-lacing up his boots, he ran out the door to catch up with her. "What can we do," He asked her as they walked down the stairs together. "Something. There's got to be something we can do," She replied. As they reached the bottom of the stairs, Anne and William walked in from outside. 

"Careful you two, it's colder than a vampire's ass out there," Anne chuckled. "I take offense!" Roman yelled from the top of the stairs. "Yeah! His ass isn't that cold," Penny joked from her spot next to Roman. Darcy and Thomas laughed as they came rushing down the stairs to meet up. "What are you two up to, anyway," William asked Thomas. 

"Darcy want's to see if there's anything we can do to help those who have to camp outside," Thomas explained. "I didn't like the idea that we're inside and warm while they're out in the cold," Darcy added. "Well, they need huts built to block the wind. That's easy. The wolves are acclimating well, but they will freeze if we don't figure something out. The witches are mostly set up in the ballroom. They're really the only ones who can't acclimate as well," William assured. 

"What happens when it snows?" Darcy asked. "We have plans for that, don't worry," Anne assured, "The wolves are building off the ground. You're people are fast." "Yeah, when it comes to setting up for safety with bad weather, we're pretty quick," Thomas chuckled, "I do need to go check on them, as much as I am confident that Jake has everything under control."