Chapter 18- Redemption or Damnation

Anne kept trying the spell as Thomas and Roman waited anxiously. "Thomas keep them howling. Please, I need as much time as possible," Anne said trying to focus her spell to the soundwaves. Thomas then shifted back to his wolf form and let out a howl. After a moment, he was quiet again and they heard the wolves again.

Jake and Lucas walked up to them. Jake sighed, "Still nothing?" "Yeah, they're too deep. It's hard to focus on it," Anne replied. "If it helps any, her name is Laura," Lucas added. "Her name does help a bit," Anne smiled a bit. "What?!" Jake frowned looking at Thomas, whose head dropped a bit. "What?" Lucas asked looking at him.

"Darcy is seizing up. The venom as progressed," Jake answered. Anne panicked a bit, and her spell was beginning to fizz out. However, just before it fizzed away completely, it popped a bit. Then it then grew in size and shot towards the stone wall in front of them. Jake, Lucas, and Roman all looked to see Penny and Lila standing behind Anne, both of them were feeding Anne's spell. Lila giving it the most strength as she was not fully emotionally compromised.

Jake turned to them and said, "They see the spell in the wall. A glowing white outline of your sigil is on the wall." The three woman pulled back their magic and sighed. "There- there should be a trail for the diggers to follow. They're not as far as we think then, but we have a path," Anne said.

"Forget about the wolves and their pickaxes," Lila frowned. "The caves are unstable now, Mother," Penny warned, "If you try to move those rocks, it could bring it down on top of them." "No it won't. There are four capable witches in there. Are there not?" Lila asked. "Three, and they're exhausted," Jake replied, "Darcy has been bitten by a vampire before the cave in. It's progressed. She's having a seizure."

Lila's eyes widened, "That's not good. Okay, We know where they are now. Magic is the fastest way to get to them. Anne, your witches can help dig a little faster. You can have some of them dig, while the ones that excel the best at earth magic can make sure your tunnels stay safe for the others," Lila suggested.

"Are we really trusting this lady? After everything?!" Jake frowned. "If you want to get to your mum faster, you might as well listen," Lila replied, "Anne... I know what I did, and I don't have a say here on what you do. However, if she's already progressed to seizures, she's as good as dead by morning. That's the longest she can survived even with her impeccable will."

Anne glared a bit at Lila then sighed, "We do it her way." "What?!" Jake and Luke frowned. Thomas shifted to his normal form and sighed, "Guys. Lila is right. If we want to make it to her in time. We're going to have to trust in Lila's plan. It's not like she'll be heading it. Penny or Anne will." "Penny, go get all the well rested witches and warlocks you can in the camp and bring them here. Anyone who can help, and anyone willing to help," Anne said to Penny.

"Yes, Miss Anne," Penny said and ran off with Roman to the camp. Anne looked to Lila, and Lila just held her hands up saying, "I'm not here to cause anymore trouble. You seem to have enough of it on your hands. I'm here to help in any way I can." "This wouldn't be about William, would it?" Jake snarled a bit. "He loves Anne. He's always loved Anne. I suppose it's time to stop the unhealthy chasing after someone who doesn't even want me," Lila sighed.

"Just like that?" Thomas raised an eyebrow. "You- I understand why you hate me, but I didn't do anything to these two," Lila frowned pointing to Jake and Lucas. "You took our Luna away," Jake replied. "Right," She sucked in through her teeth, "I forgot how loyal you wolves are." "Oh you did?" Jake was the one to raise an eyebrow this time. "Boys, I don't know if we can fully trust her. We have every right not to, however, she is helping," Thomas argued, "Let her. At least until they're free. After that, she's Anne and Penny's problem."