Chapter 32- Vampire

Roman cried out as he caressed Penny's pale and cold cheek. "B-bite her," Darcy spoke without even realizing that she'd had spoken. Tears rushed down her face. "Darcy, he-," Thomas began to explain how it wouldn't work. "No, she's right! I could try," Roman said as he leaned down and kissed Penny's lips.

Anne and William had laid Penny back and rested her head on a pillow. Roman then shifted. His eyes began to glow and his fangs stretched out. He swiftly sunk his teeth into the side of her neck. The sound of her skin tearing was sickening to Darcy, but if it saved Penny, she didn't care.

Roman pulled away and looked at her. Minutes passed in total silence as Darcy and Thomas both attempted to listen for any change within Penny to signal that it worked. The silence nearly drove her mad as Lila attempted to keep the baby calm, but she cried out anyway.

No sooner than the baby cried, Penny gasped awake and bolted upright. "Where is she?! Where's my baby?!" Penny yelled fighting with Roman who was trying to calm her. Penny continued to struggle. Her eyes had started glowing red, and the sockets started to darken as her paled face cracked. Signs of both a witch and a vampire. As she cried for her baby, vampire fangs extended from her mouth. "Penny, Penny! Calm down," Roman said holding her. "I want my baby!" Penny cried.

"She's okay," Lila assured. Penny finally calmed down and fell limp into Roman's arms. She slowly lifted her head to look at the others. They were all staring at her cautiously and surprised. "What? Why is everyone looking at me like that?" Penny asked. "You were dead for 15 minutes," Lila deadpanned as she cooed at her granddaughter.

She then handed the baby over to Roman, "There you go. Easy with her neck." Roman carefully held the baby in his arms. "Would you look at that?" He smiled as he showed her to Penny. "What are you going to name her?" Anne asked. "Juliette," Penny replied. "Welcome to the world, Juliette Knight," Roman smiled, "And Penny?" "Yes, honey?" Penny looked up at him. "Welcome to Shadownox," Roman smiled, "You are a vampire now."

"What?" Penny frowned. "He had to turn you in order to save your life," Anne explained. "Oh. Um- where's Darcy?" She asked looking around. "Right here, she passed out from exhaustion," Thomas assured. "She used a lot of magic today," Lila explained. "Is it safe up there?" Anne asked. "They retreated, but he's not done. I don't know why he is after Pen or Juliette, but I won't let him get them," Roman assured.

"I should get out there and prepare a stronger defense. This place is still defendable,"  Anne said. "Penny and I will help. She's fully healed," Roman replied. "You'll need to get settled," William pointed out, "You're parents now, so you need to split your focus." "I understand, daddy," Penny replied as she moved to get up. She gently took Juliette from Roman so he could get up.

"I can help with the clean up," Lila offered as Roman left with Penny and the baby. "Lila?" Anne said to get Lila's attention. Lila turned and looked at her curiously. "Thank you," Anne finished, "If it weren't for you, Darcy and Penny wouldn't have made it here." "I'm just- I'm just doing my best to make amends," Lila replied, "There aren't enough words in the world that would be enough for forgiveness from the things I did to Darkas. It's the least I could do."

"You saved her from the cave in, you saved her from the venom, and now you've saved her from Radomir's vampires. What has changed your mind?" William asked almost as if he believed that this was some elaborate plan. That her want for forgiveness wasn't genuine. "William, I- I just figured it was time to let you go. To give up someone who will never love me, and try to mend my relationship with Penny. All I ask is that you let me try," Lila replied.

"She's done good so far, and even Thomas is trying to trust her," Anne pointed out, "Whatever happens, she's been alright through the months she's been here." "Let her stay," Darcy hummed as she began to wake, "She's changed. We all have." A tear fell down Lila's cheek as Darcy continued to speak. "I think Lila has earned the right to know her granddaughter," Darcy said.