Chapter 7- Message Sent

Penny snuck closely behind the last of the banshee's to heed the White Fairy's call. They were all moving quickly. It was almost difficult for her to keep up. Penny was pacing and almost out of breath until she realized the direction she was going. She was going home. 

Her old home where she lived with her father and sister until her and Roman married. Not long after that her father had abandoned the place. Penny was shocked to be approaching the old estate. Still run down, but no longer abandoned. It was now home to banshee's, and there's no telling how many were there. 

She hid behind a tree just in the forest line. However, when she moved to run to another large object to hide behind, something grabbed her and began to drag her. She cried out and attempted to cast spells to defend herself, but whoever had a hold of her was practically immune to her defensive casting. Their skin seemed to absorb the spells. 

"My Sisters! The time is nigh!" This mysterious person that had a hold of Penny said. Penny was surrounded by Banshees. All old and decaying forms with unkempt hair and torn dresses. Their eyes black as night. Penny tried hard not to look in them when the main one threw her into their arms. "We have our first step!" The Main one said with her gravelly voice. Like nails on chalkboard to Penny. 

When two of the banshees grabbed Penny, they turned her to face the leader. She was a bit different. She had very long unkempt hair and her skin was white as ice and sunken and dead looking. Her features beyond recognition as Roman explained before she left. The leader's body was so thin she was nothing but skin and bone under her ratted and torn gown. When she was assessing her new companions, the Leader's glowing red eyes looked at Penny. 

The feeling that Penny got was beyond the feelings that she got from the other banshees eyes. This leader gave her a feeling so far beyond anger and despair that it was reaching madness as she continued her speech, "We have been in despair for far too long. Now is the time we live for us, but she will never let us be! Not until we deal with her can we finally be at peace..." 

Penny was confused. Who was this 'she' the leader keeps mentioning. "She already sends a spy among us," The leader gestures to Penny. "I am no spy! I am Penelope Knight. Former Matron to Grey River coven and wife to the Master of the Shadownox clan!" Penny introduced herself. "Ah!!! Another who has been screwed over by her. She can help us get our revenge," One of the other banshees said. Some agreed and others disagreed. 

"No! She will not help us," The leader denied as she looked at Penny, "She's too good, but soon they will all see our pain! Never again shall we accept her punishment! Never again shall we accept her hate! She wanted to play with fire, now she's going to get burned!" "Those are words that start wars," Penny frowned. 

The leader stepped closer to Penny and took her face in her bony, decaying hand, "If it is war she wants, then it's a war she'll get, Penny." She stood up straight and looked around then back to Penny, "You will be the prelude." "Are you- are you going to kill me?" Penny frowned. "Oh, no! no! no! I have a much better use for you, and you get to go home. All you're going to do is deliver a message for me," The leader said. 

"To whom?" Penny asked. "Don't you worry your pretty little head about that," The leader replied, "She will get it in due time." The leader chuckled, then she let out a wail so loud it broke through the ring's barrier. Penny fell to the ground crying out in pain and holding her head until darkness consumed her vision, and she had fallen unconscious. 

---------------------
3 days later

Penny groaned awake. Her head was still pounding, and she could still hear the wailing. It finally echoed into silence. The rain was pouring down outside as she blinked open her eyes. She found herself in bed. Her hair pulled down, and she was dressed in a nightgown. She saw Roman asleep in the bed next to her and smiled a bit. 

Passion and DespairOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara