Chapter 12- Whole

"What's happening to her?" Thomas asked. "I'm unsure," Anne frowned as she watched, "She- This is what would happen if there were a mind spell on her. Whatever it was, it's broken now. The convulsing is her mind returning to normal. It's possible that was the issue all the time."

"What does this mean for her?" Thomas asked. "Firstly, if everything she had done was a mind spell or even mind ward, then she's not exactly guilty of anything. It would explain a lot as well. She went after Penny's mother to fix it. Could mean that Penny's mother was the reason she was like this. Darcy or William will be able to explain better," Anne explained.

Not too long after, William gasped awake. He immediately rolled to his side and looked at Darcy. She stopped convulsing and was finally taking deep breaths. Her features finally changed to normal. Her long white hair finally darkened to her chestnut brown, and her skin regained her color. William pet some of her hair back and watched her as she blinked open her eyes just in time for him to see them flicker from the glowing red to her crystal blue that he loved so much.

"Gods, you look just like your mother," He smiled. Darcy flushed and quickly hugged him. Anne chuckled a bit and closed the spell. She looked at Thomas, "Well?" "Her scent is normal again," He smiled. "Hey. Hey. Look," William said gesturing to Thomas, "I told you." Darcy turned to look at Thomas and gasped a bit.

She pulled away from William and crawled across the circle to Thomas. When she reached him, she quickly wrapped him in a tight hug and sobbed. "I am so sorry," She cried, "I am so, so very sorry." "Hey, it's okay," Thomas assured pulling her into his lap and cradling her, "I'm here. Everything is going to be okay." 

"Just because you're her bond, doesn't mean you get to hog her!" Penny said hugging Darcy from the other side. Darcy let out a little chuckle and turned to hug Penny back. "Do I get a turn?" Roman asked with a smile. "Absolutely," Penny said pulling away. Darcy let Roman give her a quick hug while William got up and walked over to Anne. 

"You did great, whatever you did," Anne said. "She never lost control," William explained, "It was spell or something the wards of the coffin did. Split her personality in two, and the part we saw these past few days was her trying to get Lila to fix her." "Lila? Honestly, with how scared she was of Darcy, I bet she'd have done it if she could," Anne sighed. 

"Well, I think you guiding her, it's not going to be difficult. She was hurt. She was tormented by Lila all those years, and even after being buried alive. Just, give her a few days recover and figure things out. Let her come to you," He suggested. "I figured I would. She was convulsing on the floor. That usually happens when a spell or ward on the mind is broken," Anne said, "What did- what did you find in there?" 

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I had a pretty nice chat with Darkas. She told me what I needed to do. She told me what she wanted. All this time, she just wanted to be whole again," He explained, "However, she changed her fear out with guilt." "I don't think she ought to feel guilty though. What I'd just told Thomas? If this whole thing was a spell, she'd be completely absolved of any crime. The fault would fall to the person who did this to her," Anne explained, "As per the concordat." 

"Mother?" Darcy asked finally looking up at the two. She moved to get up, and Thomas helped her to her feet. Anne nodded a bit, and then had a shock look on her face when Darcy hugged her tightly. She really wasn't expecting that. "Thank you. Thank you so much for saving him, and stopping me from hurting them," Darcy said gratefully. "What kind of mother would I be if I let you kill your friends," Anne said jokingly. 

"Alright, come with me. Alyssa and I have set up a room for you," Anne said walking with her arm around Darcy. "A room?" Darcy asked. "Oh Yes, when you're back on your feet and ready to go, you are going to get the proper training from yours truly on how to be a banshee," Anne informed, "But only on your own time. Would you like that?" Darcy thought a moment. A flash of Thomas on the ground went through her head, and she nodded quickly agreeing to the training.