Chapter 13- Amends

After a while Thomas walked down the hallway and knocked on Darcy's door, "Hey Darcy? Everything okay?" "Yeah, you can come in," Darcy answered. Thomas opened the door, and did a double take when he saw Darcy standing in the room waiting for him. She was still in her blue tank top and black leggings along with some brown booties and a brown knitted sweater. 

Her hair was cut up to her shoulders and Penny had given her some layers and trimmed her bangs to frame her face. She'd also put some gel in it to keep it messy and curly. Thomas was at a loss for words. She was so beautiful he couldn't believe that after all of these years she was standing there in front of him. 

"Wow," He smiled. "You like it?" Darcy asked, "I was afraid you might have a problem with it being short." "Long. Short. I don't care. You're stunning, and you're right here," He said walking closer to her. He couldn't help but kiss her. He wanted to so badly having missed her all these years. 

"Well I see Thomas likes you're new look," Penny said coming out of the bathroom. The two jumped apart, "Oh don't stop on my account. I was just taking the bits of hair to the trash, and don't worry, sis. The people who make the wigs are going to have a field day with all of that hair." "I hope they have fun. I don't need it anymore," Darcy chuckled. 

"What is she talking about?" Thomas asked. "Oh, Penny said that if I wanted to cut it off, I should donate it," Darcy explained. "That was an excellent idea," Thomas chuckled. Then he looked back at Darcy, "You look amazing." 

"Thank you," Darcy smiled, then she remembered, "Oh, we have to go to Luke." "Never forgetful," Thomas pouted. "Don't give me the puppy dog eyes. I have to make it right," Darcy sighed. "Alright, well, I have to warn you. They're with the pack, and you will be surrounded by them. They all missed you very much," He warned. "I don't know. If Jake knows what I did, he might have told them," She frowned.

"This is true, however, I won't let anything happen to you," Thomas assured. "Can I come?" Penny asked, "I've always wanted to see why Darcy loved being with the pack. I'm usually with the Shadownox clan and they're always galas this elegance that. I want to see what a wolf party is all about. Roman says they're pretty fun." 

"Of course you can come, Pens," Thomas chuckled, "You might want to change into some boots, however. It's quite the trek out there. Especially since it's fall and and has been raining." "I'll get my coat and my boots," Penny said running off. "Is it cold?" Darcy asked. "For you, I'm not sure. You didn't seem to mind it yesterday," He said. 

"Banshees can't feel cold," Darcy explained. "And you don't feel heat in human form," He added, "It must be difficult to regulate your temperature, huh?" "I'm pretty used to it," She replied. "I think your sweater might be okay. If not, I'll lend you my jacket," He replied. "Deal," Darcy smiled brightly. "Goddess, I missed your smile," He said kissing her cheek as Penny walked back in. 

"I'm ready!" Penny said, "Roman said he would be there in an hour. He has to deal with something with the clan." "Alright," Thomas nodded as she followed behind him and Darcy. He had his arm around Darcy's waist as they walked out of the room and down the hallways.

---------------

"Just a little further, ladies. We're almost there," Thomas said as they could hear music and laughing. "They're already celebrating?" Penny asked. "Oh yes, they celebrate every season," Darcy replied. "You remember," Thomas chuckled, "This is the Autumn celebration." "I can't wait," Penny smiled as they approached the huts the wolves all lived in. 

Darcy stopped and looked at all of the pack dancing and laughing. Many were drinking, and the little ones were running around chasing each other with toys. The area was like a small village or community with huts climbing the trees. "Oh my Gods! What's the best drink?" Penny asked excited.