Chapter 27- Blizzard

Darcy and Thomas helped usher the last of the pack through the doors of the house. The blizzard had already begun and some nearly got lost in the snow. As she was about to clear the door herself and shut it, she stopped to the sound of a cry that immediately grabbed her attention. She knew she had to go after that sound. That someone got left in the raging storm.

"Daddy!" A frightened little girl cried out in the snow, "Daddy, where are you?!" "Darcy? Come on! That's everyone!" Thomas yelled from the door way. Darcy looked to him, then she looked to where the voice of the girl is. She shook her head, "It's not! There's a little girl out there! Wait here!" Then she started to head back into the storm. "No! We go together," Thomas said trying to go with her. "No! Only one of us out there," Darcy argued, "I have my banshee form. I'll be fine."

After a few moments, Thomas frowned and nodded. He knew that only one of them out there is better then them losing each other out in the storm and having to leave them behind. Darcy kissed his cheek and walked out into the snow holding herself in an attempt to keep her own warmth inside her coat. It was dangerously cold, and she was worried for the lost little girl crying through the snow.

Darcy trudged through the snow and cold to follow the girls cries. Hidden beneath the loud wind, she could hear the faint echoes of a mans voice. As though he were far away, and his voice traveled in the wind. If you refuse... they die... Or maybe, he was nearby and only whispering. Bring me her! Bring her! Either way, it caused Darcy's hair on the back of her neck to stand and chills went down her spine... not the cold. 

Uneasy, Darcy called out to the little girl in hopes that she were still awake or alive. "Sweetie! Keep yelling for me!" Darcy yelled as she attempted to see the girl in the snow. She tried her best to use her acute lycan hearing to find the girl. BRING HER! "Miss Luna!" The girl called recognizing Darcy's voice. "That's it! Keep calling for me so that I can find you!" Darcy yelled covering her face with one of her arms. The whispering got louder when she caught a bit of the girls scent. Bring me her! Or they all die! 

Ignoring the whispers, she formed a small blue orb in her hand and sent it out towards the source of the scent. The light found the girl and let off a bright glow like a beacon so that Darcy could see it. Darcy fought the storm and made her way through the thick snow to the light. "Luna!" The girl ran to her and hugged her when she got close enough. "There you are," Darcy smiled, "What's your name?"

"Leah," The girl replied. "Well, Leah, I need you to stay very close to me. Okay?" Darcy replied as they both shivered. Leah nodded, and Darcy took her hand. Darcy began to help Leah get back to the house, only the snow was so thick, she couldn't see. Leah was also freezing and the snow was already too high. They both were sinking.

Darcy shifted into her white wolf and helped Leah crawl onto her back. She let out a howl calling to Thomas in hopes he would hear her and howling back to guide them. She stood momentarily still as she waited for a reply. Then over the loud storm, she heard Thomas' reply and internally smiled. With Leah on her back, she was able to move faster and rushed her way back to the house.

Thankfully, they weren't far. She could see the warm glow of a light in the door way. As she got closer, she noticed Penny standing there with a large black wolf. They were helping her. She picked up her pace and ran for the door hoping to get Leah to warmth as soon as possible.

As soon as they cleared the door, Penny used her magic to slam it shut. Darcy and Leah were rushed with warmth now that the cold was no long engulfing them. Thomas immediately nuzzled Darcy trying to see if she was okay. She pulled away and motioned to Leah with a whimper.

Penny then picked Leah up and set her down. Thomas wrapped around her to share his warmth with her. Darcy internally smiled at the cute scene of Thomas with a child. She couldn't wait for the day that they had one of their own. Jake ran over and sighed. Then looked at the little girl.