Chapter 14- Bond

Thomas and Darcy walked back down to the celebration to find that Roman had finally shown and was dancing with Penny while she drank. "Well, it looks like Penny's date has arrived," Thomas chuckled. "Fashionably late, as she would say," Darcy replied. "Would you like a drink?" He asked her. "Absolutely," She smiled. "Alright, wait here by Addy, I'll go get you one," Thomas assured. 

"Alright," Darcy smiled and sat down next to a laughing Addy. "I sense some relief between Jake and Lucas," Addy smiled, "But not so much in you. You are happy, yet, you're not here. You're not in the moment." "I just have a lot on my mind," Darcy replied. "Let them go," Addy smiled, "Here's what you ought to do: Have fun! Okay? We live in a time now where women have more control over their own lives. If you wanted -and you should- you could get stupid drunk, take that handsome man over there back to your room, and give him the ride of a lifetime... and no one would bat an eyelash anymore."

"Addy!" Darcy flushed. "What? I'm only saying," Addy chuckled, "You're yourself. You're alive, but now is the time to live. No one is going to give a damn that you're not married yet. You ought to be, but that's not your fault. No one cares anymore. Just do whatever makes you happy. Goddess knows you both could use a good-," "Addy!" Darcy stopped her. Darcy's cheeks were getting pinker from her comments. 

"You wouldn't be blushing if it wasn't something you haven't thought about," Addy laughed, "Please give that man something before you get old." "I'm already 200 years old," Darcy replied. "You're still young compared to me, little one," Addy raised an eyebrow at her.

"Here you go," Thomas said walking up. "You two have fun," Addy smiled as Darcy took her drink and stood back up to join Thomas. "Are you okay?" He asked as they stepped away from her. "Yes, why?" Darcy asked. "You look a little flushed," He explained. "Oh, I- um- Addy was being a little-," "Say no more," He chuckled, "Would you like to dance?" "Gods, yes," Darcy replied as he led her to the dancefloor. 

They drank and danced for hours before people began to turn in for the night as the rain started to pour. Soon even Roman was walking Penny back to the White Lotus Den. Darcy was about four drinks down and tipsy as Thomas held onto her and kept his eyes on her. "Hey, you ready to turn in?" He asked. "Hm? Yeah," Darcy smiled, "Let's head back." 

He carefully walked her through the woods back to the Den. "You don't have to hold onto me. I didn't want to get too drunk," She replied. "You're a little tipsy though," He replied, "If I let go of you, I'm sure you'll trip over something. Plus, it's raining, and I don't want you to fall in mud or get sick." He kept his ears and eyes around them to make sure they weren't being followed. 

When they finally reached the den, and the door was shut behind them. Darcy, who had a tight hold of her drink, fell to the ground and spilled it all over her. She let out a bit of an 'oof' and giggled as he helped her up. "We'll take care of it, sir," One of the passing witches said using his magic to clean up the spilled drink. "Oops," She said as he pulled her to her feet. She leaned against him for support. Her form against his chest, and her face just inches from his. She forced their lips together and hummed as he kissed her back. 

They stood there a moment, kissing, until he pulled away, "Let's get back to the room." "You're right. You're right," She said as he walked her down the hallways. When they finally reached the door. He opened it and let her into her room. He followed her in and shut the door behind him. The moment he turned to face her, she was on him again. She was sloppily kissing him again, and he gently placed his hands on her biceps. 

He hummed into the kiss and frowned when she started to unbutton his shirt. "Mmm. Mmm. Darcy!" He snapped and pulled her away a moment. She pouted, "What's wrong?" "I- Are you sure? Our first time, we bond. That can be intense," He warned. "I know. I just want to live a little," She replied. Her crystal blue eyes losing themselves in his. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes," She replied then quickly kissed him again.