Chapter 17- Trapped

Anne and Penny waited outside the den anxiously as Thomas and Roman both ran up to them. "Penny, thank God you're safe!" Roman said relieved as he hugged her. "Yeah, I'm fine, just worried. Darcy and Father are still inside!" Penny explained. "As is Alyssa, and some others," Anne added.

"I'm going in!" Thomas informed as he ran for the door. Before he could even reach it, however, a loud wailing sounded from inside. The wail was blood curdling and the whole ground shook beneath them. They cried out and covered their ears, but it didn't stop them from hearing the rumbling of rocks falling inside.

"Oh no," Anne gasped, "She's caused a cave-in." "Anne? How long will it take you to get the fires out?" Thomas stopped and asked. "A while," Anne frowned. "Penny, gather every witch who wasn't here in the attack, and the ones who made it out first. My wolves are here, well go in with the witches and protect them as they put out the fires and clear the smoke."

"Then we'll figure out the cave in and where they are," Roman confirmed what Thomas was thinking, "My vampires will help as well." "Perfect. If they survived the cave-in. Then they're trapped. They don't have much oxygen and have been breathing nothing but smoke. It's likely they don't have a lot of time. Neither do we," Thomas explained.

"Let's get moving then," Penny agreed and the three separated to do their tasks. Leaving Anne with a proud smile at Thomas keeping himself together for Darcy's sake. Then she walked for the door and waited for them.

---------------------------

"Oh my Gods! Oh my Gods! We're trapped!" Alyssa choked as William held his hand down on the side of a woman's throat as she choked and convulsed. "Shh. Shh. Alyssa, you're panicking. You need to breathe," William said trying to calm her and hold himself together for the woman dying in his hands.

"They're not gonna come for us! They'll think we're dead!" Alyssa frowned. "No they won't! Now come here and help me stop the bleeding!" William demanded. She frowned and knelt down on the other side of the woman and place her hand on the side if her throat.

"Is she going to die?" Alyssa asked. "Not if you use magic to stop her bleeding. You need to calm down and focus," William said. He grabbed a flask from the bag he had and handed it to Alyssa, "One small sip to calm the nerves." Alyssa took a shots worth and sighed. Then with what energy she had for magic she managed to stop the worst of the bleeding.

"That's enough. Don't waste all of your energy. She's in a safe way now," William said stopping Alyssa. "O-okay," Alyssa said sitting down and putting her back against the wall. She looked around a moment at their stone cage. The only light coming from the two flashlights they were lucky William packed in his bag.

"Okay, turn the lights off. Save the batteries," William said sitting back a bit, but kept his hands on the woman's hair to keep her comforted. He took a quick look down at her short chestnut hair and frightened crystal blue eyes just before the flashlights were turned off, plunging them into complete darkness.

-------------------------

"Sir, we have been digging for hours, this cave in could reach the entire caverns," One of the wolves said as they approached Thomas. "I will not leave Darcy in this darkness. We keep going. Change out the shifts let them rest," Thomas replied. The wolf nodded and walked away. He rang a bell to signify the shift change on the dig.

Thomas then walked around hoping to get a sense of what direction to dig to find Darcy, William, Alyssa, and whoever else might be with them. He could sense that Darcy was injured, but the others could be as well. Anne has tents ready for all of them to have medical aid when they got to them.

Penny walked up to Thomas from around the corner. "Hey, you should get some rest, Thomas. Roman and I will cover night shift," She suggested. "Darcy-," "Is going to need you at full strength when we find them. Okay," Penny assured. Thomas sighed, "Fine, but come get me as soon as you find something."