Chapter 15- Warning

As Darcy slept, all was quiet in the room. However, deep within the darkness of her dreams, one could hear the sounds of screaming. Wailing and screams of fear flooded her ears and thick grey smoke flooded her sight and her lungs. She coughed trying to clear her lungs. 

"Hello?" Darcy called into the darkness. Her eyes were glassy and reddened from the burn of the smoke, "Thomas! Penny! Roman! Mother! Father!" She coughed as she stumbled when the darkness faded into the halls of the Den. She frowned when she saw her mother's home in flames, and people she knew and didn't know running for their lives. 

She could see people walking casually after them. However, they were blurred. As they neared her, she could make out the one in the center had long blonde hair and a black suit and cloak. Glowing red eyes filled her blurred vision. She felt fear settle into her bones as they neared her. 

She coughed more, and bolted up right choking on phlegm as someone rubbed her back. "Hey. Hey. Are you alright?" Thomas asked, "You were having a nightmare." "Just a minute," Darcy frowned as she managed to regather herself and take a drink of the juice Thomas brought her. "Better?" He frowned. Before Darcy could answer, there was a small knock on the door. 

"Come in!" Thomas called to them, and the door opened moments later. "Hey," Penny said softly as she entered the room in her pink blouse with black slacks, "How are you doing?" "I'm okay, I was just having a coughing attack from the cold," Darcy replied. Then she smiled a bit, "Hey, sis, I'm glad you're here." "You are?" Penny asked as she sat down on the bed in front of Darcy. 

"I need a favor from you," Darcy explained, "I know that I've not right to ask after what's happened, but-." "Darcy, I would do anything for you. Just name it," Penny interrupted. "It's actually for Jake. The other night he attacked someone. Addy, the packs elder, has put him on suspension," Darcy explained. "Yeah, which means that he can't shift until the mess is sorted," Thomas explained what they meant by 'suspension'. 

"Oh my," Penny frowned, "That doesn't sound healthy." "It's not if he goes longer than a few days. Just enough time for the Alpha and/or Luna to investigate," Thomas explained. "Since the Luna is sick and the alpha doesn't seem to want to leave her side," Darcy said looking at Thomas a moment, "Could you go into town and investigate this? Jake said the last thing he remembered was the guy saying something, then he blacked out." 

"Darcy want's to believe he's innocent," Thomas said, "As do I. If he's guilty. He'll be named 'unfit', and I'll have to take on a new Beta. He would be cast from the pack, and Lucas, too. Since they can't be apart." "This is serious. Are you sure you don't want to wait and do this yourselves," Penny asked. "To be honest. Since Thomas and I are both close to Jake, it's best an outsider investigate this," Darcy added.

"I will look into this for you," Penny agreed. "Thank you, and try to do this swiftly," Thomas warned, "If this man set Jake up, then he's working for something bigger. If that's the case, then he doesn't have much time before they 'tie up loose ends'." "Got it. We'll leave immediately," Penny nodded and hugged Darcy, "Don't worry. We'll figure it out either way." 

"Be careful," Darcy begged. "We always are," Penny assured. "Not with me," Darcy frowned. "Then you see that we do our best," Penny replied as Thomas rubbed Darcy's back a bit as Penny left the room.

"They're going to be fine. Plus, they're going to be in a hospital," Thomas assured. "I know, but-," Darcy began, but then she just sighed defeatedly and coughed a bit. She wanted to tell Thomas about her dream, but she worried what he would say.

The worst part about her dream really was that it felt real. Like it wasn't a dream at all. The last thing she wanted to be told was that it wasn't a dream at all.