Chapter 21- Radomir

A young man of seventeen with sapphire eyes and light blonde hair leaned against the wall of a tavern. His sword sheathed in the hilt on his waist, and he wore a black cloak with a white shirt and dark brown pants. The hood of the cloak covering him slightly. As others walked by, they politely nodded to him. He, however, remained against the wall until the afternoon sun fell beneath the towns church tower. 

That's when a young woman exited the tavern. A woman with soft, light brown hair and light copper eyes on her lightly tan skin. She wore a light teal dress with a black corset. "Charlotte," The man greeted with a flashy smile. "Radomir," She greeted with a small curtsey, "How are you this evening?" "Better, now that I have seen you," He replied, "I have a proposal, if you will? Do you mind if I walk with you?" "Your father might not like that," Charlotte replied. 

"What my father likes is of no concern to me," Radomir replied. "Your family should be of every concern to you," Charlotte chastised him. "Did my brother tell you that? The ever-so-loyal Roman! Father's favorite!" Radomir grew angry, "He has repeated the same words to me every morning when we wake, and every evening when we turn in." "Radomir, do you hate your brother?" Charlotte asked. 

"I don't hate him. I just wish he would quit being so self-righteous," Radomir sighed, "'Tis not his fault. Our father has raised him with a strong hand, but emotionally... he's soft. A product of our mother's raising." "I rather like that in him," Charlotte giggled, "That Elizabeth would be a very lucky woman one day." "Women would," Radomir chuckled, "But he's too soft. He will not go against father's wishes." "Why should he?" Charlotte replied. 

"Because I have learned something about father that he needs to know, but so long as he's father's loyal puppy... he can't be trusted," Radomir replied. "And this proposal?" Charlotte asked. "Roman trusts you. Fancies you, even," Radomir pointed out. "He does know that-," "He doesn't need to right now," Radomir interrupted her, "I want you to take his little fancy out to a specific spot in the forest at midnight. Convince him with something he has always wanted. You." 

"Are you bloody mad?!" Charlotte frowned, "The forest in the dark!" "Don't worry, dear. I will not be far behind, and I will not let anything happen to you," Radomir assured. "What will we find?" She asked. "The truth," He replied. Charlotte gave him a small smirk, "And what will you give me in return." "What every woman wants," Radomir moved closer to her, his face darkened, and his eyes began to glow a bright red, "To be young and beautiful forever." 

"You sure know how to please a woman, Radomir," Charlotte bit her lip a bit and smiled. "Well, anything for my beautiful wife," Radomir replied with a chuckle, then she grabbed his face and pulled him into a kiss. 

Radomir had the perfect plan to show his brother the truth about their father. What he was a part of and what he has done. He was sick and tired of listening to his brother blindly follow their father down a hole, that he didn't realize everything was wrong about his plan. Especially the part where there was a figure, a woman, hiding just around the corner. Listening to every word, and watching the two share a kiss.

She ran off between the building where they wouldn't see her. She ran as fast as she could to the Knight estate where the brothers and their parents lived. "Roman! Roman!" She yelled to get his attention as she saw him near the cliff and ran to him. "Roman!" She called again, and a young man the same look of Radomir turned to her. His short shaggy hair flowing in the ocean breeze as she panted when she stopped in front of him. 

She pulled off her hood to reveal long curled blonde hair and pale blue eyes, and he gave her a concerned look, "Elizabeth? What is the matter with you?" "Not- Not me. It's Radomir," Elizabeth said as she gathered herself. "What?! Is he okay?" He asked moving to rush away, but she grabbed his arm, "He's okay, but you won't be." "What are you talking about, Lizzy?" He asked with a frown, and she caught her breath and looked him in the eyes, "I over-heard him, Roman. He's planning to trick you..."